Pink the PIG SLAYER

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by Hook Em, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

She has a good story...I think she is going to write it over on AT at some point....here is a pic though.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  2. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Smells like Bacon....Nice shootin Pink...:rockon: :rockon:

3. J.C.

J.C. New Member

Let's eat!.......:peace:

4. bullfiddle

:amen: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

5. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

I told my daughter that this what really happened to the 3 little pigs:lol:

Congrats on the hunt, where was it at?

6. Hook Em

At our lease in Mason, Tx. This was the last weekend of extended doe/spike. So a bunch of deer got culled as well (none by me :frusty: )

7. bullfiddle

Hook I think ya better let Pink start puttin up your stands....:tape: :tape:

8. Hook Em

She must just smell better...or worse if the pigs were attracted to her :lol: Me and my daughter sat in the same place the evening before and we heard the swine to our right, but they never came close. We even got out and started trying to find them, but my daughter got cold so we had to head for the house.

The doe pink shot was pregnant and thanks to my son being the curious "gut pile digging through" type, he found the deer fetus so I had to take a pic of that as well.

9. bullfiddle

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: leave it to a youngin...

10. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

CONGRATS Pink, good job. Thats showin them how its done.:rockon:

11. jdawg240

jdawg240 BOWNUTS

1 little 2 little 3 littel piggys, nice shooting.

12. 3 little pigs

All with 1 arrow. Great shooting Pink. Lots of GOOD pork chops and ham.
    Charlie

13. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Git tha skillet hot Hook
    looks like she brought tha bacon home.:laugh:

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I see 3 arrows in the pic........one on each piggy:noidea:

15. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Is that a Martin bow ol pinks shootin' hook

16. J.C.

J.C. New Member

yep, it's a Cougar IV........:biggrin1:

17. Hook Em

Here is the story...I just copied it from AT

LOL...there is an arrow on each piggy! So....yes, that is not just one arrow.
    OK...in between loads of washing the mountain of hunting clothes, I'll tell y'all the story. Warning - those with a weak tummy shouldn't read it!

Last hunt of the year, I've got 2 doe tags left and my 10 year old has taken more deer than me...so the pressure is on! After an hour an a half of seeing absolutely nothing, I've about decided to hang it up and head to camp for a post-hunt beverage when 6 piglets and 2 big sows come running in from the right. One sow immediately spots me and sort of "sneaks" off into the brush. I start to draw back and the other sow busts me, lets out a pitiful squeal, spins around, and runs back into the bushes. All 6 piglets begin to eat corn franticly (like only a nasty, smelly pig can do). I finish my draw, and nail one piggy and it runs about 30 yards and dies. 5 pigs left...still eating. I nock another arrow, draw back, and my stinkin peep is off and I can't see squat! I did the best I could at aiming and let it fly...hitting the little piggy just under the spine, but above anything vital. With blood oozing out, he continues to eat (pigs are sooooo gross!) 4 and a half piggys left, 1 arrow left, I nock the final arrow, try to twist my peep a little and hit another pig dropping him in his tracks. So...there I sit, no arrows left with 4 pigs still eating! What to do, what to do? OK...nothin to loose, I decide to sneak down out of the tripod and attempt to gather my arrows. I wish soooo bad that I had a video of this, because words just don't do it justice...but I will try. Picture me, bow in hand, tip toeing down the ladder, trying to be as quiet as possible. My arrows are scattered among the pigs that are still oblivious to me. I am trying not to make eye contact with them and take it very slowly...one pig kept looking up at me and I would freeze... he would go back to eating and I would take another sneaky step. After about 5 minutes of sneaking with the theme music from Mission Impossible going through my head I make it to an arrow. Slowly bend down, nock the bloody, STINKY arrow and hit the wounded pig, sending him squeeling to the ground. I cant believe this is working!! I make it to another arrow and hit another one!!! I was so excited that I forgot to twist my peep and hit the pig in the eyeball sending the arrow into his skull! He starts squealing and running in circles...well, this gets the attention of the 2 remaining pigs and they go running over to him to check him out. They get to him, check him out and both (I swear) turn and look at me! He goes running off...with my $30 Gold tip and Magnus Buzzcut (shameless sponsor plug) in his head! It sounds so morbid, but it really was hilarious! He kept running in circles because the arrow would hit the brush and knock him over. Meanwhile the 2 curious piglets are following him like a little train with 2 cars squealing and snorting the whole time. I go after him...well, actually I go after my arrow and chased him for a good 50 yards in Mission Impossible mode trying not to push him too far. He finally got my arrow out of his head leaving a fantastic blood trail, his eye ball, and some brain behind It was getting late, I was a little worried about the 2 sows somewhere lurking, watching me, shaking their heads in shame as their little ones got picked off one by one with the remaining 2 making so much noise I was afraid the coyotes I could hear in the distance would come running. I gathered my arrows, pigs and headed back to camp!
    What an AWESOME hunt!!

18. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

Sounds like quit the hunt.:rockon:

19. firechic

firechic IKE refugee... hehe

awsome story! sounds like she had fun!!!