Postal Service Sucks

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Hook Em, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

So Ronhop is a swell fella and has an extra 1/8" aperture for a super ball peep that he hasn't used for a year and sends it to me. My aperture is way too small I have decided.....I get his envelope today and it is torn to shreds by the post office. The side appears to be opened with a pocket knife if you ask me and half the front is ripped wide open. I hate the post office :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. poorman

poorman And thats no lie !

That sucks. I have actually had really good luck with the USPS lately so I am not going to say anything to jinx it:tape:

3. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

But were they kind enough to enclose the destroyed envelope in a ziploc w/ an apology note? We've gotten several netflix envelopes that were ripped open w/ no DVD inside and they just put it in a ziploc and a not that says "sorry for this but there is nothing you can do to recover your property."

4. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

nope...just delivered it as/is. Seriously....why even deliver an empty, ripped up envelope? Just to taunt me?

5. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

We ship very little by USPS because it is a HUGE hassle anytime something goes wrong.

UPS is expensive but it normally (knock on wood) gets there in one piece.

6. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Sorry to hear of your misfortune Hook'em.:mad: Maybe I should think about changing. Everything I ship goes USPS and so far no problems.:tape:

7. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

I ship thousands of items a year by USPS and the cost saving to the customer is huge. They are not always consistent on delivery times. Sometimes amazingly fast and sometimes very slow, but I have very few things not make it in Good condition. I can only think of 1 offhand. I do offer othe shipping options, but the cost is much higher:cool:

Dan

8. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

I almost had the same troubles. But the lens was barley in it. I found out what happened. Never send small items in a plain envelope. When it goes through the machines, the roller catch the item and tare the envelope all to crap. Always use a padded envelope and they sort them different

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

any deals that I have ever done here or on AT.....If I am sending a M.O., I box it up in a chainsaw chain box and ship it UPS that way.....

Only one time I did not do this, and now I am in the process of a filling a postal investagation, because the person says they never got it....they are sending me the item, but I still would like to know where that money order went:doh:

10. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

That's exactly what I always do:biggrin1:

Dan

11. SinGin

SinGin Banned

I have one I can send you if you want to try it again

12. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Man, I tried to pack that thing pretty well. I guess I'm not surprised. I should have just went down the street to the postoffice and bought one of those little bubble-wrap envelopes.
    Sorry about that, I was hoping I could get that to someone who could use it. Now it's in the hands of somebody that don't have a clue what it is.

Ron

13. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I just had my very first problem with USPS. I sent a dozen wraps to England and after 3 1/2 weeks they never arrived. Now I'm reprinting them to send them again.....:noidea:

14. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

LMAO you guys are to much!!! If any of you think that ANY carrier has never lost, broke, tore, damaged or had a worker steal a package, envelope or some other item that someone has sent to someone else, you are living in a fantasy world..... im sure their are 100s of these that happen every day, with all the big dogs on the block, Maybee you should open a world wide shipping company of your own and try not to, dammage, rip, or loose a single item out of millions that are shipped each year.... I would be willing to lay a a fair amount of money on a bet saying you couldnt do it...... But pls do keep bashing other people for not being able to do it................

15. BowhuntnHoosier

WOW..........I never bashed anyone in my post buddy.:hug:

So I take it you are a postal worker???:noidea:

Fill out your additional info in you profile.:peace:

16. Radar

Radar Story of my life

WOW, Round here we call this letting off steam, not bashing. People are just letting him know its happened to them too. Besides dont want anyone going postal :laugh: :peace:

17. ib4hoyt

ib4hoyt Riff Raff

:bored: ..........

18. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I just said I'd had my first problem. I didn't say I'd had my last...... :biggrin1:

19. BowhuntnHoosier

Hey RIFF RAFF wake up boy. What happened..........late night????:biggrin1: :hug: :hug:

20. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Slippy for President!

The post office has been berry berry good to me. :D

I've always had good luck with the postal service. :thumb: