prefernece for all around good sights

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by outdoorsman, Aug 30, 2007.

1. outdoorsman

outdoorsman Senior Member

if money were not to come in to play and you wanted to get a good sight with good visibility in low light conditions that would work equally well in elevated or ground hunting conditions what would you reccomend.... i know most expensive is not always the best that is why i said take money out of play......

2. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

I have tried several, and I am sticking with Viper.

3. Liv2Bowhunt

Liv2Bowhunt Senior Member

for the money

For the 3d Season I like the HHA Site Master, it's a single pin sight that has many different accesories available ie. cross hair, single pin in a few colors, it works well and you can pick it up for under a hundred bucks. For hunting season I use a multiple pin sight so I don't have to do any adjusting in the tree. I use an Extreme, again, under a hundred bucks and avalilable in .029, or .019. also fitted with a black light, really stands out in low light conditions.

4. outdoorsman

viper what .... scope or sights.... ?

5. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

I use a Viper scope on my target bow, and I have a Viper Microtune on my hunting bow. If there is ANY light in the woods, I can make a shot without the use of a light on the sights.:rockon:

6. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

check out Sword sights as well....they are very nice and bright.

7. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

Yes they are! Very well built.

8. poorman

poorman And thats no lie !

I have had my cobra sidewinder for three years and love it. The brightest low light sight I have ever used.

9. hduc2005

hduc2005 Senior Member

for hunting I use a Montana Gold Flash point 5 pin You should check this sight out for lighting

for 3D I got a sure-loc with a black eagle 42mm and .30

for spots I got a sure-loc with a black eagle 29mm and .55

have not used these yet but will use them next weekend

10. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

spot hogg real deal w/ the hog wrap..

11. red44

red44 Senior Member

I have or have had :
    Spothogg hoggit
    Vital bow gear trapper and camelback pendulum
    HHA 5519
    Viper H1000
    Sword
    and a few assorted cheepies.
    Brightness w/out a light:
    The HHA was no doubt the brightest, it should bewith 5' of FO.
    Then VBG, with 2-3' of FO, crappy level, not even 2nd axis adjustments.
    The viper and sword were probably next
    The spothogg with SD fitz fibers hangs right in there for brightness, but not quite up to any with extended fibers. Their new wrap thing may be great but I haven't seen one.
    Best bang for the buck though is Viper or Sword if your looking at $100 or less. I really liking this Viper, and I lucked out and picked it up used. 4 pins, extended fibers. Nice unit.

12. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

When it comes to hunting, any sight that I can see th pin on is fine by me. I usally only use a single pin sighted in at around 22-25yrds.

As for low light condtions goes-- my favorite so far is a Vital Bow Gear sight... I have an older one with vertical pins and those pins glow in the dark.

13. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

My opinion is a dove-tail mount multi pin sight like Copper John, Sure-Loc or Spott-Hogg.
    You can shoot indoor target, 3D and hunt with any of them easily. The Sure-Loc Special Ops is really nice. I just shot a bow this past weekend with on on it and I'll tell you the pins are awsome.
    In elevated situations just use a tape or rangefinder at ground level to get distances to tree and brush bases from your tree through the shooting lane.

Ron

14. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I normally adhere to the K.I.S.S. principle when it comes to bowsights, but I keep finding myself holding this sight at Gander Mountain and trying to talk myself out of buying it. I think it's a losing battle and eventually I'm going to own one. :biggrin1:

It's an Apex Nitrus 6-pin.

15. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Say what you want but I have never seen anything that holds a candle to my Flashpoint. Very bright in low light and toned down in bright sunlight. Take a look and you will agree.:peace:

16. dano1977

dano1977 Senior Member

I'm lovin the Spot Hog Hog It, but the pins weren't super bright so I'm adding a Fitz upgrade. The Viper predator pro is really nice too, and the pins are fireballs!

17. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

I think Viper has Fitz fibers already.:rockon:

18. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

get the hog wrap..

19. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

Sure Loc Target sight with 3d Extreme scope and Lethal Weapon pin head attachment. So turn one thumb screw and drop the scope and add a 5 or 7 pin head on it with any lens I want.

20. outdoorsman

thanks for the info guys you have narrowed my search down very well................. :biggrin1:

just kidding i knew i was going to get many ideas and now i can get my friend shopping ...... by the way i have a fuse with 5 pins.... took 2 off...... great sight as well