Props to Firechick

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Hook Em, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

You saw her improve in the 5-spot smack down league, but she is really getting good. She shoots FBHFS class and is kicking butt! She won the southern sectional and has her eye on state next weekend (and then the ASA shoot in Paris, TX)! Wish her luck!

She scored 598-91x at the 2 round sectional to win 1st

Me and Dave don't mind at all that she constantly kicks our butts :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

2. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Good Luck Firechic!!!:cheer2:
    Nice shooting :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

You guys tell firechic that her thanks are not needed, I was just happy to give her all that advice she needed to do well:tape: :wave: :laugh:

4. trussoni

trussoni Ninja Fighting Fool

Congratulations and good luck

5. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Great shootin chic and GOOD LUCK. :wave:

6. Bozwell

Bozwell Rytera Rocks!

You don't mind getting your rear-end handed to you in the smackdown by somebody that's shootin' that good!

Go get'em firechic and good luck!!!!!!

7. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Way to go Firechic...keep up the great shooting

8. J.C.

J.C. New Member

nice shooting, chic...:thumb:

9. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Nice Shootin half pint....:peace:

10. firechic

firechic IKE refugee... hehe

Well thanks everyone!!!! :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1:

And thank you Hook for the props!

Hadn't been on much... too much going on... my husband had to tell me about this thread :doh: . Hopefully I will do good at state and represent 3dshoots.com well!

11. Hook Em

Quick Chris....send her a shirt so she can wear it at state :rockon:

12. firechic

firechic IKE refugee... hehe

so how about a little story of how I did at state......hmmm.....

First Day: (Saturday) 1 o'clock line....

So I show up, do my pre-practice rounds... doing good. Shoot my official practice rounds.... still doing good... Round 1 - bottom target - first scoring arrow.... I nock my arrow, find the correct bow hand placement, pull back, settle in, aim... and let down... Don't want to rush the shot. So I start over with the exception of nocking the arrow.... find the correct bow hand placement, pull back, settle in, aim and pull through the shoot with back tension like normal... man that felt good... oh wait.... what was that sound... that sounded funny.... was that MY arrow????? So I look at the target.... WHERE'S MY ARROW?????? Glass the target... nope definitly not there.... glass the whole block... oh no!!! I shot the top target, but not just the top right x spot.... I shot the top of the top target..... I was aiming at bottom and shot 3 feet above my target!!!! Way to go me... bummer... But what happened?????

So at this point I'm kinda upset... and I get mad at myself... shot 4 x's after that... So first round 4x's and a big fat ZERO! So I shake it off and shoot the next round clean.

3rd round.... I'm looking at my STS and see a bunch of damage to the side of the rubber where my cable has been hitting it. So I call equipment failure to fix it and miss round 3. At this point, I fix my STS and told the Line Judge I didn't need a practice round to get back in.... in which I should have... because I was shooting to the right the whole Tournament and could have fixed it in the 3rd round! :doh: :doh: :doh:

Ok 4th and 5th round... I shoot clean... and clean for me is no 4's... FYI.

6th round.... what do I do on the very first arrow???? Shot the top of the top target again in the same spot! But at this point... I'm ok with it because it just confirms that it was all my fault on the first arrow and nothing was messing up on my bow... well atleast that's how I look it. So oh well...

The only thing I can figure, is that I nocked below my d-loop on both of those shots. I'm going to try and duplicate it tomorrow. :frusty: :frusty:

I ended up shooting a 288 40x on the first day.... which put me in last out of 6. And then I shot a 299 46x on the 2nd say which put me in 2nd. So I got 2nd at State. :p

It's really been a learning experience! I've got to remember shot sequence!!!! Hopefully I'll do better in Paris!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2008
  13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

GOOD JOB for a U...

JUST KIDDING.......:wave:

14. bamaboydave

bamaboydave I'm with Firechic

:frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: And she kicks my butt again:frusty: :frusty: :frusty:
    good job honey i am proud of you......... thanks hook and all who wished her luck:wave:

15. Hook Em

now if we can just beat her in Paris....:frusty:

16. bamaboydave

oh yeah we are going to take her out in paris..........let the games begin:rockon:

17. Hook Em

heck...she needs to win so we can pay for gas on the way home!!

18. bamaboydave

oh yeah forgot about that part:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    wait you have a diesel:Cry: :Cry: :Cry:

19. msar

msar New Member

Good shooting Chic even with the mistakes and such, If you can get through things like that and still get 2nd your a winner!!! KICK BUTT in PARIS!!!!!!!!!!:peace:

20. CSS Shooter

CSS Shooter Senior Member

Hey Hook em what time are you and your group coming in for Paris ? Sounds like Pink is only 6 targets down from my wife in WBH . We are getting there around 2 PM on Friday. I am shooting D 14 and C 14 Mens Unlimited What are you shooting? By the way Fire Chic Way to over come and still make 2nd place @ State. Wish you all the best at Paris.