PSE X-Force and fall away rest?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by spdbmp66, Aug 19, 2008.

1. spdbmp66

spdbmp66 Master Baiter

Hey guys,
    Any body else out there shooting and X Force with a drop/fall away rest? I have been and then Bill Epeards told me my bow was too fast for that type of rest. He suggested putting lip sttick on the fletchings and looking at the rest after the shot. I did and sure enough, lip stick! I'm shooting a Rip Cord rest. Is there a faster drop away rest or do I need to switch types.

Any one else notice this? How did you resolve it?

2. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Try a limb driver rest.

There are quite a few folks out there with Bowtech 82nd, 101st Airbornes and Elite 350 GT's that use them with good results. The 82nd and GT are around 350 fps IBO so you should not have an issue with a limb driver.
    I'm not familiar with a rip cord so I don't know what adjustments you have available to you. If you have an adjustment for drop timing/spring pressure you might want to just adjust on that and experiment. I was told a Drop away, of any kind, would not work with an '06 Allegiance and that proved to be totally incorrect. I use a NAP QT 4000 on that for hunting and I have no clearance or timing issues at all.

Ron

3. Slice

Slice The Fobinator

I was shooting and X-Force at 75lbs going 342 fps using a Trophy Ridge Dropzone and never had any fletching contact. I also used FOB's with this setup and never had contact.