Qiuck Question

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by bill10418, May 27, 2007.

1. bill10418

bill10418 Why be Normal

When I shoot, every so often I have an arrow, not the same one, that will kick to the right. I shoot left. The other arrows within that group will be spot on. Could I be torquing (sp?) the bow? Could it be punching the release? I'm at a loss. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. longcut36

longcut36 Senior Member

I shoot to the right when I punch the release. every time. I dont know if this holds true for anyone else. I dont know if you grip the bow. should use a bow sling or finger sling. might make sure your not griping it to tight. hope this helps some.

3. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

It could be a form of target panic...I pull to the right...alot :doh: ...

4. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

try not to use the words target panic, I am trying to convince myself there is no such thing as target panic. When I punch the trigger my arrows will fly left big time.

5. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Sounds like you answered your own question. I would say it is either torquing or TP.:tape:

6. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

could be a combination of both. I'd have some one watch you you shoot and see what your doing wrong. Or what I do to critic my form is I will use a camcorder to record me shooting. Then if I have a errid shot. I can go back to see if I did anything wrong. Good luck!!1

7. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Tp!

Like pin-wheel said, probably a little of both.
    I have target panic the more poundage i hold & the farther i get from the target.
    About 20years ago I had a staff shooter teach me how to overcome my problem.
    He handed me a 35lb kid's bow that was spot on at 30yds, hold on the spot count down from 10 & shoot, & told me to keep shooten it for a few weeks every day.
    it worked!
    Now i hunt with 70 lbs i dont target panic on 1 shot but while practicing i still get it after about 20 arrows past 30yds.
    Now before a tournament i shoot about 40 arrow on my hunting bow at 20yds every day the week before the tournament then switch to my 3-d bow the day before.
    Its set at 54lbs and :cool: no more panic!:biggrin1:

8. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Yeah...I find when I punch I shoot left and when I tourque I shoot right...:noidea:

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

so what you should do is torque and PUNCH........you will be golden....:rockon:

10. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

see...and I was wasting all that time trying to fix it

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

all you had to do was ask...i could have told you:noidea:

12. papito

papito Petering it since 06

i've noticed that too when you miss its normally th the right!!!

13. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

So what's your excuse???????:laugh:

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

either it was K9 or he petered his trigger....:biggrin1: :biggrin1:

15. bill10418

bill10418 Why be Normal

I appreciate all of the responses. I started to really concentrate on my form and it seemed to work quite well. I ended up with a group of about 3" at 20 yards. I took another fletching off and had not the time to replace it yet. But then I went on a business trip to Korea for a month and couldn't do any shooting or work in the pits for the dirt track car. Talk about withdrawls. :Cry: I leave on another trip on Wednesday for 2 to 3 weeks. :doh: talk about the DT's :peace:
    Thanks again