Question about bitzenberger jig?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by OB1.25, Oct 5, 2006.

1. OB1.25

OB1.25 Junior Member

Looking at buying a jig to fletch my own arrows. I am going to purchase the bitzenberger, but I will be using it to fletch the quickspins. My fletching will be slightly offset just a couple of degrees,Do I need to get the right helical or can the straight jig fletch them slightly offset?:cool:

2. The straight clamp is what you want for a slight off set. I'd recommend a helical jig though, with today's short vanes the right helical clamp on mine dosen't show that much twist,, which can be adjusted. If you're wanting to use Quick Spin vanes, a right helical jig clamp is what's needed for the little "kicker" on the back of the vane. You can also use a straight clamp for the QS's too.

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I use the the straight clamp as the offset is adjustable both top and bottem....

4. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

You can but the jig with a straight clamp and set it for a right/offset. If, in the future you need to go with helical then just get the helical clamp. The jig will be adjustable for all the clamps; right, left, and straight.

5. OB1.25

OB1.25 Junior Member

Thanks Guys!!!!:rockon: