Question about re-tuning

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Southernfryedyankee, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Southernfryedyankee

Southernfryedyankee Senior Member

I noticed my arrows were entering the target on a left-right angle. In the process of re-tuning, I aligned my string to the centerline of the bow, which is aligned to the arrow, which aligned to the center of the prongs on the rest (which I adjusted the windage), which is now aligned to the middle of the black lines of my bubble level on my sight. are my pins supposed to be in the middle of the bowstring so I cant see their dots or just to the left where I can see still the dots if I align everything else? Any takers. I am being a real PITA the last couple of days :lol: :peace:

2. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

I don't know about everyone else but my pins are just a hair to the left of the string.

3. timberghost

timberghost Senior Member

Mine line up slightly to the left of the string.

4. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

Yeap they'll be off just a hair cause of torque from the cable guard.

5. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yep, same here, my pins are a hair to the left of the string.

Are you sure you have your arrow center-shot set right ? Seems like your arrows might be fish-tailing.

One thing to keep in mind is that your center shot may not actually be in the exact center when your bow is properly tuned. You may need to adjust the rest a bit left or right due to bow torque and/or arrow spine that's not exactly right for your bow/arrow setup.

Ron

6. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

they will be unless you shoot a shoot through system. Its the only true center string bows out. Meaning Martin bows.

7. HYTMANN

HYTMANN Senior Member

Gator eye is correct, unless you have a bow with a shoot thru cable design, your sight will be left of center (for a right handed shooter) due to torque from the cables on the cable rod at full draw. Also remember that measured center shot is a starting point, and there are many other factors that determine where the actual horizontal position of the arrow will be, paper tuning and walk back tuning will get you there.:rockon:

8. HYTMANN

HYTMANN Senior Member

Don't forget about Barnsdale and Monster, Oneida is also cable guideless, and the Duvawapi spreader system conversions.:nod: ;)