Question

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by yarddog, Dec 6, 2006.

1. yarddog

yarddog Deer Slayer

I have a '06 fred bear element i have bad hand shock from it and i want to put a FB CODE cam on here . will this work??? :noidea:

2. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

Probably have to check with FB on that one. The element doesn't seem to be that bad a bow, what makes you want to change the cam? If it boils down to hand shock, I would try the STS system. Much cheaper in the long run. Changing cams would also lead to changing strings and cables. And for less than $50 the STS may solve your problem. Good Luck

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

agree STS is the answer and the bow will proabably shoot better w/the STS....also quieter

4. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Those new FB bows are fantastic and a real deal at their prices. I agree with the others put an STS on it and you will not believe how much it will change the hand shock and vibration.:rockon:

5. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

You might check your cam timing and your tiller adjustment also. Sometimes if these are off it can cause a kick. I wouldn't think a cam change would help with hand shock. The STS advice might work. I had a Jennings CK 3.5 with the swing arm cable guard and shock stopper on it. It still had hand shock. That is why it cost me $275 brand new. It was a nice bow, just a little on the noisy side with a kick. :biggrin1:

Hand shock means different things to different people. It is hard to know what degree of "shock" a person is referring to. I hope you get it figured out, because a shock free bow is very fun to shoot.....