Quick Spins

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by Firewalker, Mar 8, 2006.

1. Firewalker

Firewalker Junior Member

Hey there, forgive me if this has been discussed before but I am curious if there is a problem using quick spins when using broad heads. I can see how they would be great when using field/target points due to the lack of drag by the point, but I wonder if having a broad head in place would have enough surface area that it would create a drag and reduce the spin. Any thoughts?

Also, has anyone used quick spins through a biscuit? Any problems?

Sometimes I have a lot of time on my hands.:noidea:

Thanks in advance.

Scott

2. srcarlso

srcarlso Member

I don't think you can shoot them through a WB as you could tear off the trailing edge over time - as for broadhead stabilization, top notch!

3. jasper2588

jasper2588 Junior Member

I agree w/ srcarlso
    Awesome broadhead flight w/ QuickSpins.:cool:

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Got awsome broadhead flight w/the longer quikspins out to 40yds but it was a horror story w/short quikspins past 25 yds.:noidea:

5. HoytShooter88

HoytShooter88 Member

A WB is not so good on the QS vanes..

6. Bryan227

Bryan227 Junior Member

Qp with WB

I have used 4 inch quick spins with a WB but it seemed to make the quick spins a little wavey. They did staighten out with a heat gun. The other problem was i couldnt use a fixed broad head because it would shoot far left

7. 6bloodychunks

6bloodychunks Junior Member

if your bow is in tune they shouldnt hit right or left going from a field point or mech head to a fixed blade , check your tune