Quickspins & WB

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by wheresmyarrow, Aug 29, 2008.

1. wheresmyarrow

wheresmyarrow Don't Call Me Junior

I've just gotten back into archery after a 20 year absence. That said, man have things changed. Anyway for my question, I've been shootin 4" quick spins with a wisker biscuit and I've recently read in a few places that is not recommended. My grouping is not bad as I'm gettin back into it but it aint nothin to write home about either. Have I violated a cardinal rule or is that combo ok?

2. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

in some circles tha WB is associated with a cuss word:censored:

3. wheresmyarrow

Understood but it's all I got for now until back to school time is over. Man are kids expensive.

4. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

YAAA you said the WB work, shame on you. lol

5. scottg

scottg Huntin Junkie

Quick spin does not recomend the WB as an acceptable rest. I would recomend a fall away or the Octane Hostage Pro. If you like the containment of the WB, the Hostage Pro does the same thing with no vane contact. You can shoot any vane you want with the Hostage.

6. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Keep the WB and switch to Blazer vanes. :peace:

7. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot New Member

Blazers are a bit tougher..but the WB(sorry, I normaly keep a clean mouth) that came with my bow ripped my 4'' vanes to shreds in a matter of days. I hated that thing.

8. BowhuntnHoosier

It was not tuned correctly...my 4" vanes got a little rippled but Blazers absolutely ROCK..:peace:

9. Fry

Fry Bambi's greatest enemy.

Get the hostage Pro. I got one a while back and it works like a charm.

10. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

Yep. :thumb:

11. wheresmyarrow

Sorry, I didn't realize the W______ B______ word was taboo. Is that like the 12th comandment. Thou shalt not say W______ B_______. :sorry:

12. BowhuntnHoosier

No, just a bunch of HATERS..........don't mind them. Keep the Whisker Biscuit its a fantastic rest. #1 rest for hunting and thats a fact.:peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace:

13. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

Yeah don't back down; WB WB WB WB WB WB WB WB WB WB WB :fencing:

14. pilot

pilot Senior Member

I agree....WB and 2" vanes and you will have one of the most reliable hunting rigs out there.

15. firechic

firechic IKE refugee... hehe

The WB is a good rest if that's the one you got and can't get another. I shot with one for 4 years and never had a problem. It is a very good hunting rest as BHH said. Just switch to blazer vanes and you'll be fine.

16. wheresmyarrow

I do eventually plan to go to a drop away (couple of months or so). I don't get a chance to do much hunting so it's more of a 3d rig. Been looking at the QAD HD. Any complaints about this rest. I know everyone has a favorite but just looking for any problems that I might have with this one.

17. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

For shooting a WB rest the blazers are probably the best choice in vanes. The Hostage & Hostage Pro you can have all the containment of the WB but without all the fletching contact and that has to be a good thing.

For me I prefer Feather fletched arrows launched off the Limb Driver rest. IMO it's the best choice in dropaways out there.

Dan