quiet camo

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by bowcraze30, Aug 7, 2007.

1. bowcraze30

bowcraze30 Senior Member

all of my jackets and camo make noise when i draw my bow. i am also lookin to get some new camo. can anyone recomend a very quiet mid weight jacket

2. JBUTLER

JBUTLER Senior Member

Realtree Roadtrips Fleece is the best suit I've ever owned!

3. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

5. Greg / MO

Greg / MO Member

I've spent way more time studying camo than I ever spent during grad school... and the best camo fabric I've come across yet is sold at www.graywolfwoolens.com.

They offer it in Predator, which is my personal favorite, as well as a proprietary pattern called Intrusion.

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I dont know why I dont like predator....I just never have.....

7. Holy Smokes

I got a boonie hat in tha NG and really like it and it is super quite and has no uvs which is a huge issue with game.

8. Holy Smokes

Yeah this is some good stuff and tha pattern is one of tha spin offs of ASAT

9. VE6WTF

VE6WTF Senior Member

I use walmart camo,
    VERY quiet, VERY weatherproof... and from yote hunting... must keep the scent in as they get REAL close.
    60 bucks for the jacket and the pants...
    Seriosly look at them! tey are the best

10. Ridge2River

Ridge2River Junior Member

I used cotton/poly blend in the early warm seaon, fleece for mid temps and Rivers West for the wet and cold stuff.

11. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

in the early season I wear a cotton long sleve shirt. If they are close enough to hear that then I'm close enough to stab them instead of shooting em :laugh:

In later season I have a 7 in 1 MT050 parka that I wear different layers of depending on the weather.

I would suggest going to Cabelas and trying a lot of different clothing and see what works for you :)

12. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I use Walls shirts, jacket and pants. They are cotton and after they get washed a few times they are very quiet. I bit stiff when they are new though. They are very durable and affordable. Pants are about $30, shirts about $30 and jackets are $50 to $100 depending on the insulation, hood, length, etc... They have several different styles of each thing. They have bibs too.

Ron

13. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

look into ASAT camo you really will be amazed at what animals dont see when they look right at you. I have never had a problem with the noise issue, as long as I move slow.

14. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

On a related / unrelated side note...

I'm looking for a pair of Very durable and extremly warm wool pants. I don't care what camo pattern is on them but they must be machine washable and quite enough to stalk in. Must also be able to keep me warm in 0 degree weather with 20 - 50 mph wind gusts.

Any suggestions?

(No I'm not kidding, the Mountains of Maine can go from sunny annd 40 to white out blizzard with wind gusts that are uprooting trees and 0 degrees in less then 10 minutes, I've seen it happen. Very cool to watch

15. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

Try king of the mountain. I dont know if this will help you or not.