Rangefinder Feedback

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Troy, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Troy

Troy Junior Member

I am in the market for a new rangefinder and would like to hear from your experience what has worked best for you. I hunt in New Hampshire and will be shooting from a tree stand. I was thinking about the Leupold RXIII because of the TBR (True Balistic Range) feature. Has anyone used this unit and what is your option? Thanks for your help.....:rockon:

2. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Welcome ta tha forum.
    I have used with good success Bushnell rangefinders
    Since I don't do any open land hunting and only have a need for short range ,bow shootin' this work ell at about 1/2 tha cost.
    But if ya are gonna do longer sightin' these my very well be tha ticket.
    Leupold makes good stuff

3. outdoorsman

outdoorsman Senior Member

i just bought the Leupold RXII because of the compact size and the TBR and like it alot..... i get great readings from 5 yds to 80 yards shooting from a tree at targets.... havent usd at live animals yet though...... 6x magnification brings things up very well so i am sure the RXIII will work as well

4. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I have a nikon 440...that I love, I looked at the RXIII and liked it too but the nikon was in my price range...

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

bushnell yardage pro legend for me:rockon:

6. Sniper

Sniper Senior Member

I have a Nikon 440 also. It is my thrid lazer. Good product. My only complaint is I wish it had a backlight for the reticle. I miss that. Otherwise a very good product.
    As for the TBR. I feel it is a overrated feature. Just knock of a couple yards if the angle is steep. If it is 60 yards from a 15 foot treestand I just aim about dead on.
    Get the Nikon retractor for any one you get. Well worth the $18 - $20.

7. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

RxII

I bought my RX-II of ebay for $204 brand new in the original packaging with the warranty! How can you beat that?? Look up the seller on ebay if your still looking 123knorr. :cool:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2007
  8. hduc2005

hduc2005 Senior Member

I bought the RX-II last year it has been a great investment

9. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Just checked

$229 + $8 s/h for a camo RX-II on ebay. Brand New!!

10. Troy

Troy Junior Member

Range Finders

Guys,

Thanks for all your responses.... I looked through every rangefinder currently in production and ended up buying a Leica CRF 900.. I can't believe how clear and accurate it is consistantly... The RXIII was to large to fit in my shirt pocket and all the RX models field of view is distorted with the menu.. Thanks again for your help..

11. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Cool, never heard of it...
    Make sure you give us a full review...:biggrin1: