Rangefinders.

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by big scores, Nov 19, 2006.

1. big scores

big scores banned from AT

Are the ones that claim to be accurate to 1/2 a yard really that accurate.?:noidea:

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

To what yardage? I have the yardage pro legend from bushnell and have measured off distances and checked them against the range finder and find its always within 1 yrd.....most off the time its right on......thats accurate enough for little ole me......

3. big scores

The Nikon pro 440 claims to be within 1/2 a yard. I was thinking of getting one for this years ASA shoots.

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I have never been to an ASA shoot and dont follow them......so let the jokes begin.....
    your allowed to use a range finder????

5. big scores

for 2007 they are having a marked yardage 20 target round. you can use a rangefinder for those 20 targets.

6. tek

tek Senior Member

Ok I'll bite....If its marked yardage why would you need a Rangefinder?

I have a Nikon 440 Rangefinder. I believe it is dead on. I took it to our outdoor range where the yardages are marked and checked it against them. It was within 1/2 yard of those out to 50 yards.

7. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I have a 440 and it's real accurate. I haven't measured off enough targets to say it is definately within a 1/2 yrd, but I believe it is.

8. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Mr Bowman, Maybe the optics companys lobbied the ASA and this type shoot was formed, What else could it be:loco: Holy Smokes

9. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

yup they are pretty damn accurate. absolutely amazing pieces of equipment.

10. Radar

Radar Story of my life

Not trying to Hijack the post but what ones do you all have and what do you like about them. I am thinking of getting one and would like some input

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

the Yardage pro legend in black

like the simple two button operation.....small size and accuracy of the unit...

dislike the 350 price tag.....til I owned it and used it......

12. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I don't have one, my sisters boyfriend does, he has the Nikon 440 I believe. Its great, replaces bino's due to the 8x lense, very easy to use:

1. Push button, crosshairs shot up on the display (eye hole)
    2. Line up cross hairs on what you are ranging
    3. Push button and reading is displayed on screen
    4. shoot!

They are truly amazing.