Really new, but question...

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by Ronnie, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Ronnie

Ronnie Junior Member

My first post, sooo.. take it easy..

Was lookin at different bows and tried reading up on different things. I bought a Parker Buck Hunter and some essentials to practice with last night (friday night). Got it from Bass Pro Shop, which I found VERY nice and the guy was more than generous to help me out with whatever I had questions about. Well anyways, on my bow string, there was a metal hoop. That is where I usually put my arrows by before I shot. Well, it is missing now. Spent ALOT of time in my backyard shootin at the target block I had. Well this morning, I lost that hoop.. Im going to head back up to Bass Pro after work cause I want to practice and get my sight adjusted, maybe.

Is that metal hoop of importance?:doh: And hopefully replaceable?

If no one has NO i dea what im talking about, i apologise, and will try to find out the term for that piece.

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I think you're talking about the nockpoint...this is important!!! was it a small metal collar crimped on the bowstring?? It can be replaced easily...but it is a nessessary part.

3. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

OH YEAH...I almost forgot... Welcome to the forum

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

welcome to you.....was it a hoop or a loop????

5. it is called a "nock" but the true definition is "nocking point" it keeps the arrow from slideing up on the bow string,and is very inportent! here are some pics of different "nocking points" other wise known as d loops,these type loops gives you a better center shot.the tiny ones are your ordinary brass nocks.

6. Ronnie

Ronnie Junior Member

Thanks

Well, i left work that day and headed to Bass Pro Shop and yes, i found out it was important and was told everything i just read. First, thanks for the info and stuff. They replaced it and added one more for me and told me i could use the second one so it can show me where to place my release.

Thanks for the info and the delay back for my responses!

7. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Sounds good...replacing a nocking point is something you can do easily yourself in the future...all you need is a bow square, nock pliers and some nock points...