recurves and compounds

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by red44, Aug 31, 2008.

1. red44

red44 Senior Member

Is any one else planning on hunting with both? ( No, not at the same time!LOL).

2. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot New Member

Oh heck yes...and likely at the same time. I bring the recurve in case one comes up close enough and have the compound as back up if the close shot does not present itself. I am going bird hunting with the recurve and snaros tomarow(can I get a Hallelua! season is here!) and will probably stick some pigs with it also. But I hunt deer for trophies not meat so much...and trophies are rare. I have more confidence in my compound so usualy take deer with it. I don't mind losing a pig or bird, they are plentiful and it is fun to shoot the old way.

3. archerybuff

archerybuff Junior Member

I am. I usually hunt with a compound but I have a Martin Hunter recurve that I am going to try to fill a tag with.

4. pilot

pilot Senior Member

The limb on my recurve developed a split last summer. :Cry:

I never was that good with it anyway though.

5. red44

red44 Senior Member

I plan on using the compound first, and try to get one in the freezer. If that happens early in the season, then I'm going recurve.

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I would do that but, what with having to carry my CLIMBER, HANG ON and LADDER stand all at the same time, I just run out of room in my hands to carry all three compounds and a recurve........so the recurve stays home.......:doh: :doh: :doh:

7. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot New Member

Hey, I got a bird today. Just as he was landing I blasted him in the neck with the compound..only because my recurve shooting was so abismal. I was coming nowhere near hitting those rail. Well, I am glad I figured out I cannot shoot a recurve under pressure yet..I may end up sticking with the cpd for deer. But like I said, so what if I wound some hogs.

8. red44

red44 Senior Member

"so what if I wound some hogs"? :doh:

9. J.C.

J.C. New Member

yeah, he made a similar comment in his first post. I think he's just trying to start trouble.

Troll............:wave:

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

"......behind a high fence":doh: :doh: :doh:

11. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot New Member

Indeed, ya'll take me/stuff too seriously. Lighten up and assume most stupid things I say are lies:biggrin1: