Recurves=bad for Compound

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Tenderfoot, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot New Member

I only shot one tournament for like 35 animals yesterday with the recurve and already I cannot hold my compound form right. Shooting the recurve just got my arms all unused to their usual tasks. Horrible groups this afternoon!Does this happen to anybody else, or are ya'll ambidextrous shooters?

2. MickeyBee

MickeyBee New Member

Can't tell ya but i'm all ears cause i just started shooting a recurve 2 weeks ago.

3. majorleaguedobberman

majorleaguedobberman New Member

send me your recurve and i will let you know ina week

4. red44

red44 Senior Member

I don't seem to have any problems switching between the two. :noidea:

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

hunting from the front seat of my truck, makes it almost impossible to hunt from my treestand sometimes.....:noidea:

I can see so much more land, driving around.......:bored:

6. J.C.

J.C. New Member

closer to the cooler too.........:lol:

7. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot New Member

I'll let you look at my recurve, if you'll let me look at your 60# longbow:biggrin1:

8. FBAXIS

FBAXIS Junior Member

The Only Part That Was Hard For Is Going From Holding 12 Lbs. With My Compound To Holding 50 Lbs. With My Recurve, Oh Ya There's This Sight Thing I Have A Problem Of Using One. Is It Still Chase Your Arrow.

9. Brown Hornet

Brown Hornet New Member

Nope....I used to shoot my recurve all the time for fun then pick the compound back up.

I know several people that do this as well.:noidea:

10. J.A.G.

J.A.G. Senior Member

I hadn't noticed anything like that.. the only problem i have from time to time is "holding" with my recurve and not just letting it rip.

11. fstgstdsmpay

fstgstdsmpay Adam of Archery Outfitter

Not a big problem here for myself either, only thing is I tend to shoot a little quicker with my compound after I practice with my recurve. accuracy never degrades for me though

12. tpoof

tpoof "saskarcher"

Seems I have a harder time switching between my longbows and recurves than compounds and recurves. Compounds are soo different and require a totally different shooting method where as the longbows are so much lighter than my recurves...
    longbow to recurve = easy recurve to longbow = hard

13. MickeyBee

MickeyBee New Member

Got to shoot at our range alone for a while today. Did about an hour with a compound and then an hour or so with the recurve. When I went back to the compound another guy shows up with a stick bow. Actualy it turned out to be a very old wood compound and we shot side by side for a while. I'm not sure if it was comeing off the recurve or some friendly competion but I shot Fantastic! Gona have to do more research tomorro.