Reflex Bows - 25 in drawlength?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Dredly, Jul 16, 2006.

1. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Anyone know info on the adjustability of the Reflex bows? A friend of mine has a 25 - 25 1/2 inch draw (and he is a lefty)

On the website they are listed as able to go to 25 on a lot of models, but all the stickers on the limbs say 26 - 30 inch draw and the genuis at Cabelas didn't have any idea if they could go lower.

So whats required to reduce the drawlength further? Is it possible or does the website have incorrect info?

Also, any suggestions on getting a bow with such a short drawlength? Any models come to mind that are good at this short? any issues that I should watch for? I'm a 30 inch draw so I've never had an issue but will he run into issues with cams not rolling right on certain bows or anything?

Thanks

2. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Sorry dude I don't know too much about Reflex bows. They remind me too much of a Hoyt and they feel terrible to me.:peace:

3. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Well if Mathews would get off their high horse and make a cheaper version of their Switchback we wouldn't have this problem!

Well that or if we found some left handed Diamond bows haha :)

4. BowhuntnHoosier

Why make a cheaper version when you are selling the original as fast as you can make them????:tape:

5. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

hmmm... good point

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I thought we were talking short draw bows, wouldnt that be the Mustang and the Prestige, heard some of the top short draw shooters are doing very well w/the Mustang. Also Bowtech and hoyt both make short draw bows.....

Hey before you say things like that Frank you should remember that you and I are the ones looking for a 38" Switchback.....So remember we all have dreams:peace:

7. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I forgot all about those one! Thanks for the heads up, and they aren't that expensive either (compared to the grown up models hehe)

8. BowhuntnHoosier

Yeah but come on how long have we been complaining about the hats and shirts from Mathews??? I do not think they are listening to our great minds Adam.:biggrin1: I like the Prestige but the XT is a much better bow IMO. As for the Mustang a lady bought one about a month ago at the shop and I was not there when she picked it up so I have not even seen one let alone shot one and developed an opinion on it.:noidea: All I can say is hey Mathews how about a SB at 38"ATA 8"BH 80# limbs 325IBO in ALL BLACK.:rockon: I HAVE A DREAM!!!!!!

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

How about the same thing but in 60lbs, you oxes will learn on of these days that 70-80lbs is going to kill you and your shoulders. Just try shooting an indoor league with that 70 lbs xt of yours and let me know how you feel at the end of it......

10. waltonianarcher

waltonianarcher Junior Member

25" Draw Length

I'm also looking for a 25" draw length for my wife. Hoyt makes the Rintech. It's a nice bow! Hope this helps.

11. BowhuntnHoosier

For Indoor league I would probably go with a 50-60 Apex 7. If the funds were available. But I think for strictly hunting an 80# SB would be so cool:cool:

12. Allen

Allen Senior Member

If you need a bow with a 25" or 26" draw length, you won't find much selection at the big box stores. Most of their bows are 28" and above. IMHO they are seriously harming archery by this practice. They are also missing a large market that needs a shorter bow. If the bow is 27" to 30" it won't go down to 25" without a cam and limb change.

According to the Reflex website, most of their bows are available down to 25". You will have to buy one from an online source like our host, 3Dshoots.com. Chris has Reflex bows and it looks like they can be ordered to go down to 25".

13. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Well what makes it even worse is the left handed thing... that makes it nearly impossible to find bows that will fit the requirements at Cabelas. They had 1 bow (a Parker something) that went down that low... they are definately ignoring the needs of a very large portion of archers.

14. killbambidead

killbambidead bambi killer