reflex bows?

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by irishwater, Aug 31, 2007.

1. irishwater

irishwater Junior Member

reflex bow anyone shoot one or have anything to say about the company? Ithank you If it shoots good but the company folds or does not offer good customer service you would be stuck.

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

They are a Hoyt company so I don't think they are going anywhere...Good bows...haven't shot one in a few years...

3. pilot

pilot Senior Member

Reflex is made by Hoyt so i don't think you would have to worry about them going away anytime soon.

4. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

HAHAHA...and at the same time...:lol:

5. pilot

pilot Senior Member

Oops....:peace:

6. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I really like the Rampage. it's the one with the regular riser. I'm not crazy about the TEC risers. Not that there's anything wrong with them, just not my cup of tea. Good bows and a great company.

7. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Agreed with the above posts....

Ron

8. j3dGuam

j3dGuam Senior Member

Shot most models of the new lineup. Great performers for the money.

9. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

I bought a reflex 2 years ago and it shoots great, I just graduated to a trykon. For the money you can't beat the reflex line of bows. I am considering selling mine but, it would be nice to keep a backup just in case. 11 deer with the reflex, real solid shooter, 275 fps w/370 grain arrow, 29" draw@70 lbs. (reflex excursion)

10. irishwater

irishwater Junior Member

do any of you see a reall jump from a mid line reflex to a mid line hoyt
    or a mission vs. mathews or diamond vs bowtech

11. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I think the biggest difference would be between Mission and Mathews. The Mats have much more parallel limbs and a lot more vibration damping.

The mid-range Diamonds have less machining than the Bowtechs. They also don't have rear stabilizer bushings and the grips are rubber instead of wood.

The closest seem to be the Reflex and Hoyt. The main difference is in the limb pockets, and I think most of the Reflex risers are cast magnesium instead of aluminum. I said earlier in this thread that I didn't like the TEC style risers, but since then I looked over the Reflex line again at the local Bass Pro. I've become a big fan of the Reflex Growler. It's the cheapest they offer this year, I believe, and I like it alot. It felt very good in my hand.

12. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

The Diamonds have a bigger difference with Bowtech aside from machining the riser out and wood vs. 'rubber' grips... Diamonds do not have a cam and a half "binary-cam" setup. And, at least, the 2007 Diamonds mostly have wood grips.

And, the Diamond rubber grips were terrible...

The Black Ice is really nice...

Ron

Last edited: Sep 7, 2007
  13. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

they are a excellent company. The Ridgeline to the Rampage and the Growler are sweet bows. And there FX-1/2 cams are smooth. You'll like them..