Releases

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Wheely, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

How many of you stick with one release? Or do you change between releases a lot?

Does the multi releases help with target panic?

2. BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed Super Member

I have 2 releases that I use. My carter 2-shot is for hunting and outdoor 3d. And my carter evolution + is for spots and practicing. It trains me not to punch my 2-shot and gives you that all important "surprise" release. My steadiness and scores went way up w/ the 2-shot after practicing w/ my evo+. The evo is the best design release yet, IMO that is.

3. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I've got a drawer full. :doh: My current release is a Tru-fire 3D hunter thumb trigger. I also dabble with a Tru-Ball Ultra 3 back tension release when I've been bad and deserve a punch in the mouth. :biggrin1:

I would blank bale with your eyes closed to help with the TP before changing releases.

4. HYTMANN

HYTMANN Senior Member

GREAT ADVICE! I have found that blank bailing is the most effective way to overcome those bouts of TP:frusty: that come about now and again, and also the best way to get used to a new release, although i don't switch often. A new release may help for a while, but overall, improving mental focus and muscle memory (form) is the best way i have found to overcome TP.:thumb:

5. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

I have heard that shooting different releases will help control target panic. I have come to realize that it is something I will live with. Soon you will know me as the greatest target panic shooter of all time. :laugh: :laugh:

6. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I normally use a TRU Pro-Diamond for everything but I think I'm gonna go back to my TRU FIre wrist release for hunting just because its more convient and I don't want to lose another Pro Diamond

7. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I use a Carter Solution 3 for indoor target and a TRU Ball Pro Diamond for 3D and a TRU Ball Tornado for hunting, which has the same jaws as the Pro Diamond. I'm considering getting rid of the Tornado and using the Pro Diamond for hunting, with some sort of wrist sling so I don't drop it from the stand. I really like that release. I'll probably get rid of the Solution 3 as well...

I have on-again-off-again TP no matter what I do or use.

Ron

8. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I currently use the Tru Ball Pro Diamond, but I also have wrist release. I think I will try the wrist release tomorrow.

9. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

I keep the same Tru-Ball bt gold ultra 3. but I have a few of them set at different timing. I will change up every now and then when I notice that I'm knowing when it should go off..

10. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Just remember you can't anchor in the same spot with them! (I don't think that arrow has landed yet hehe)

11. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yes, exactly, which may or may not help with TP.
    For me comfort is the cure for TP and anchor point is a huge key in that. The last few months I have been working on getting comfortable. My first round of the 5 spot 3D-Shoots results will illustrate that for sure (in a 'not so good' way).

Ron