Rest For My X-force

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by bowman76, May 5, 2007.

1. bowman76

bowman76 Junior Member

New to this forum, just wondering if anyone can recomend a rest for my new X-FORCE!? I was interested in a whammy from spot hogg but im not sure it will work becouse of the low burger button hole and cables hitting the rest withonly 6" brace. Am looking for something that i can 3-D with as well as hunt. Full containment is a plus and fall away for fletch clearance. THANKS!

2. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Welcome to the forum:welcome: Oh no not another bowman:doh: :biggrin1:

As for a rest I really like my ripcord full containment and drop away.:peace:

3. bowman76

bowman76 Junior Member

Sorry about the bowman it was all I could think of. Thanks for the info! It's bound to be better than a biscuit.

4. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Welcome Bowman76....
    No need to apologize...:biggrin1:
    and I love my biscuit...but I think it's time for a change...I am gonna go w/ a ripcord..They are an excellent rest...

5. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Boy's I 'm stuck in tha 80's I like my lizard tounge.
    It's never failed me

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

there is no need to appologize....they are just gealous that you wanted to be like me.......:biggrin1: :biggrin1:

7. bowman76

bowman76 Junior Member

Everyove needs a hero bowman! I have had good luck with the biscuit hunting but I'm a target shooter the other 8 months and I'm looking for something that's more fletch friendly. I'm leaning toward the new trophy taker that has full containment as a do-all rest. Anyone tried one of these yet? Thanks!

8. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

Take a look at trophy taker shakey hunter. also Pse's top gun drop away the "The Phantom " drop away is awesome. Its a almost 360 deg. of containment!!

9. red44

red44 Senior Member

Limbdriver is worth a look.

10. Gweedo

Gweedo Junior Member

11. bowman76

bowman76 Junior Member

Thanks for all the input guys. I have been playing around with my trophy taker pronghorn off of my vengeance. I'm getting good arrow flight and decent groups out to 60 yards. I don't like the idea of the limb drivers long cord. Theres enough cable and string running through there without an extra one.

12. red44

red44 Senior Member

Nothing wrong with a TT, I use them too. The cord on the LD is long but I haven't heard of any problems because of it. As far as hunting goes, I'm not a spot and stalk hunter, just out of tree stands, so the thought of the cord getting caught up in brush is not a concern for me. I do like how it opperates off the limb and not the cable, and how it supports the arrow longer than a typical drop way tied to the cable. If you having good luck with the TT there is no reason not to use it, they are IMO the best of the fall ways that work off the down cable, built like a tank.

13. Walleye rev

Walleye rev Junior Member

I'm also new to this forum

I have an x-force and I love it, I use a trophy taker rest, and it is absolutely awesome....

Walleye rev......

14. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

I have used, setup and sell most drop aways, but the Limb Driver really is the Cat's Meow:rockon: