reveiws on the Prestige.....

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by BUNNYMAN, Apr 4, 2007.

1. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

all ratings are on a scale of 1-10.....

over all fit and finish= 10....attention to detail was first and foremost

weight = 8....its good but a tad heavier would have done the bow a little more justice, but that is my opinion, because of what feels good in my hand

color = 10.....you cant really mess up black, the flatter black is real nice, why mathews does not make this a standard option on all bows is beyond me

grip or lack there of = 8....its going to take some getting use to....I can see it being a problem at those December/January 3D's,....but I am liking it more and more every day

draw cycle = 7....is a little rough on the shoulders, but the 65%letoff doesnt give you that harsh drop off

holding on target = 10....the thing is like a rock, the pin just sits there

balance = 10.....the bow right out of the box in an open hand just rests there w/no movement back or forth

accuracy = 10...I have had it for 4 days now and have split 2 shafts, no longer shooting at the same dot

hand shock = cant give it a number, there is none???

vibration = 9.....while there is very little its not a Switchback....I added a STS and the vibration is all but gone

noise = 5....its not quite to say the least but I am also shooting minimum weight arrows, its not a hunting bow for me so I really could care less about noise

Speed = 10...I cant wait to put this thing thru the chrono, its smokin

So overall I give the bow a 8.5....now in a few months I may write this review again, but it wouldnt be a first impression review then would it
    I am really impressed w/the way this thing shoots, and am looking foward to shooting it for a while....

Last edited: Apr 4, 2007
  2. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

So basically what you are saying is Mathews sucks right? :laugh:

3. BOWTECHER

BOWTECHER Member

It sounds as though he might be saying he wishes he bought a Bowtech???:biggrin1: :biggrin1:

4. HOYT4LIFE

HOYT4LIFE Guest

Or an ELITE:peace:

5. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Hmmm......................thats funny my opinion of his review was that he really liked it.:biggrin1: Is'nt it funny how different people can see things differently.:noidea:

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

NO ......if i had done the same review on the Switchback it would haveonly recieved a 9, basically because the grip would have recieved a 2 :biggrin1:

and i wouldnt give up that bow for any amount money....it will be my hunting bow for a few years to come.....:rockon:

7. HOYT4LIFE

HOYT4LIFE Guest

Funny you should say so:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

8. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I just figured that with how bad Bowman's typing skill are that he meant to type lower numbers and just missed :laugh:

You Mathews shooters sure are a strange group :doh:

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

just call me the 2 fingers of fury.....:biggrin1:

10. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I have an '06 Allegiance I use for hunting but I recently bought a very nicely kept used '06 Mathews Ovation. I'm loving that Ovation for sure. I was a little bit partial to Bowtech having had 3 Diamond/Bowtech bows but I'll tell ya one thing that the Ovation is very nice. Oh, and STS on order from Chris/Kris...

Ron

11. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Thems good people.:biggrin1:

Glad to hear the Ovation is doing well Ron but you know its the person behind the string.:peace:

12. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yeah, I know, but I still like new stuff...
    New stuff makes me practice more...:laugh:
    I love this sport.

Ron

13. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

No I can pretty much confirm that it is the bow... these Ovations are awesome and I know I still suck but my scores are respectable so its gotta be the bow! :laugh:

14. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

You know I was going to say that but I'm glad you did and humiliated yourself instead of me humiliating myself. I get enough of that from my shooting buddies....:laugh:

Although, they are jealous of my Blueberry Ovation... And the fact that I went to the Eric Clapton concert last night.:laugh:
    Kind of like "Yeah, but I slept in a Holiday Inn Express last night" thing...:laugh:

Ron

15. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

See I was in complete agreement all the way through the Blueberry Ovation (all the cool kids shoot blueberry ovations)

but being jealous because you went to see Clapton? I mean he is a great musician but getting jealous over it :noidea:

16. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

is he a comedian or something???:noidea:

17. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

:laugh:

Ron

18. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

he's a musician????:noidea: I need to get out more???
    does anyone have a copy of this F troop I can watch.....

19. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I'm just blowing them crap...:laugh:

Ron

20. TTT...it is time for another status update....