SAD story/ poachers

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by red man, Aug 20, 2008.

1. red man

red man New Member

ok guys get this i have been watching this nice buck where i archery hunt he was a nice 9 with an ok spreed. well me and a friend went to go see what the stands look liked and on our way there we seen a deer laying in the field so we walked over to see what was going on . and WOW the deer was shot in the back with a small caliber gun from what the game warden said and much to me and my friends surprise the deer witch was a male! its head was cut off! so i pulled the cell phone out and called my friends dad witch is a game warden! and he cam up and checked things out and said that it was shot by looking at it the other night. he also told me that this is the seventh time they have found deer like this around the area! this upsets me a lot this poacher just screwed me and many hunters out of a nice buck that hunt the area the right way. i just hope is was not the 9 point i have been watching but still this is sick 4 sum one to poach a deer just for it head. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    just though you guys would like to know

2. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot New Member

Son, you aint old enough to carry a .22 in your breeches and return the favor when you see those guys, are you? Dern poachers and crazies ruin it for everyone. Crazy dude hanging in the woods killed one gal and tried to get another dude last year. Now my parents don't want me out on any public land but open lakes(I don't care what they think...I will duck hunt!).

3. red man

red man New Member

no i am onely 19 but i am an a avid bow hunter if i new who they were i would give them a peace of my mind and turn them in :censored:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2008
  4. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

check with the taxadermus around you. See if anyone has dropped off a head to mount.

5. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

When the heck do you hunt????????

6. Brown Hornet

Brown Hornet New Member

Don't you need a tag on that deer for the tax....I know the "real" ones require it.....

Most would be very leery of someone bringing one in now I would think....so checking there may be a dead end....plus if there are 9 cases of this in his area. I doubt the guy is taking them in to get mounted.:noidea:

7. Butch32

Butch32 New Member

Have you thought of tslking to the media about this to get the word out to other hunters in youe area? This way the media publishes the story from a law abiding hunters view and does not group all "hunters" (poachers with TRUE HUNTERS) together. The added bonus is every hunter is on the lookout for these poachers.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2008
  8. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot New Member

Say when, or where? I hunt a lot of private land usualy. Got 3 guys out west of me with 100 acres, 50 acres and 80 acres all adjacent to each other that let me hunt...of course I see more guys in those woods than on the lakes:biggrin1:

9. Paul S.

Paul S. I do not follow!

I fount two deer last season on a place that I hunt that were poached. One was a buck with the antlers sawed off, and the other was a doe with just the backstraps cut out. They were laying 10' from each other. :mad: Poachers suck.:censored:

10. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

Yeah I meant where......I don't want to walk into them woods unarmed with people disappear and all.

11. red man

red man New Member

yes you are right there are quite a few shady people around my area that do taxidermist things and would prob do a mount for a poacher it just makes me so mad that the guy could not wait till hunting season to get a buck :frusty:

12. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

But if you do not check then you will never know.