Scope choice for 3D

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by schl0328, Jun 14, 2004.

1. schl0328

schl0328 Junior Member

I am curious as to what others think as to what to look for in a scope and what are the best ones available. This is largely a matter of opinion, but it may help in selecting one or two. The two companies I have thought about are specialty archery and Extreme 3D. Any one use these scopes or have an opinion? I primarily shoot outside and am leaning towards a scope with a pin rather than a drilled through fiber. I also plan on using a clarify so any insight on that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

2. Jefro

Jefro Member

I am currently shooting a Classic scope. It has a 3 X lens with a .10 up pin. It is a very clear scope. The biggest thing I look for is a clear sight picture. As far as using a clarifier, I personally try to stay away from them when shooting outdoors. I find it to be a pain to keep rain and dust,ect. from getting on the lens. If you do deciede to use a clarifier, keep some q-tips handy to clean it when needed. Good luck in your decision, Jeff

3. glenny

glenny Senior Member

Alot of people I know are going with a 3x classic w/up pin,they got the setup for the inclement weather for sure,no clarifier.
    I got the extreme w/a 4x and a 6x,like the 6x w/a strong clarifier,just me though.
    Not to sure about my next purchase in the scope department?/Might just break down and get a sureloc,what's another 300,aye?
    I can wait to see what 2005 brings.....can some of us

4. boomhower

boomhower Junior Member

scopes

i finnaly got a my slider and a extream 3d packege with a4x , 6x and the 4x power is very clear and for the 6x power i have not been abl to shoot with it because i was going to put circles on it to shoot paper with and the center drill is off by a 1/32 . we called them and there tradeing me for one with out a hole . so if you buy a extream be better off with a pin up. and for the clearafire peep i like jefro stay away in less your prepared for dirt and rain my firend shoots with one and he crys alot cause he cant see and we both shoot extream 3ds. but what ever you buy make sure its what you whant and have fun

5. schl0328

schl0328 Junior Member

Is there such a thing as too large of a scope? The Super-D by Specialty Archery seems promising, but I worry about it being too large at just under two inches. Does it make more sense to use a smaller field of view to limit distractions?

6. Red Flame

Red Flame Junior Member

I currently shoot a Bullseye scope with a 4x lense.I am waiting on a classic scope with a 3x lense .

7. boomhower

boomhower Junior Member

scope size

hello the super d scope is just right to me shooting 3d you want to be able to see most of the animal thats why most people shoot 2 and 3 power lens . on a new target or a black one you cant see much so i use the out line of the body and aim from there . me personly 1 3/4'' and a 4x is wroking great. i got a friend that shoot a 6x until i got him to try his 4x he shoots alot better now. the only thing i relly didnt like about super d's was the flat bottoms i think it would be harder to center in your peep with alot of light on the bottom. thats why i bought the extream 3d package . at first i didnt like it much know i got it lined out and working great. thanks

8. WILDBOWMAN2

WILDBOWMAN2 Junior Member

just bought a classic scope with 3 power like it for outdoors but a little blurry indoors but real bad. but i went with a fiber guard and up pin and i do like it

9. glenny

glenny Senior Member

You shoot at any deer with it indoors let me know.

10. glenny

glenny Senior Member

I think you need to consider the amount of feild of vision according to the size of the scope and the peep.The smaller the peep I beleive the more you would be focusing on the target as well as restricting the pupil to clarify the lense even more.You go too small and it gets dark and you can't line the apature up with the scope housing which is critical for consistent shooting.

11. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

extreme all the way :peace: