Season Ender

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by buckhunter31, Oct 26, 2007.

1. buckhunter31

buckhunter31 Junior Member

Well, I hope everyone is having a great season.:biggrin1: Mine started off good. I just completed a new setup on my old bow. New String, retuning, New arrows (carbon), New Broadheads, New... New....New...... All together about 900 bucks.... That's not including license and extra tags. Time practicing and perfecting, scouting and the list goes on.

A few weeks ago, While finishing a home project... hanging sheet rock... I ended my bow,muzzleloader, and firearm season, all before it even started.

One compressed vertibre and two herniated discs later. Not to mention pain, Dr. visits, Meds and now rehab later. I am looking at the season that could have been.:Cry: :censored: :censored: :frusty:

Has anyone else dealt with this, a season ender that is?:Cry:

2. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

I was out for almost 3 years once. It sucked but I am back and shootin more than I ever have. Hang in there and take it slow. They have come along way with back surgeries than what they used to be. My advice to you is if you have to have surgery find you a good Neurosurgeon. I prefer them over a orthopedics doc any day of the week.

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I feel your pain.....:frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

4. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yes, Bunnyboy can talk about it. It stinks but I hope you get back into the saddle soon. Best wishes...

Ron

5. jt13077

jt13077 Senior Member

OUCH, get well soon!!!!

6. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

Sorry to hear your bad luck.Had my shoulder pop out once when my release failed just before the bow broke over.

7. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Dude that stinks. Just make sure you take you time and heal up right. Or you could miss more than just one season. Take care and now you will have more time to get that post count up.:peace:

8. longcut36

longcut36 Senior Member

I know how you feel. I hurt my shoulder week before bow season and cant hunt. wasnt to bad while it was so dry. but now it has rained and it looks,feels and smells like bow season. I could "maybe" use a X bow. but that just aint bow hunting. so I guess I'll set here and try to get more post than bunnyman. aw heck, he will be home posting to. I do wish you the best of luck with your back.

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

if you use a X-gun, your going to get roasted like the other kid:laugh:

10. Werd

Werd Senior Member

HEY! not nice bunnyboy.:hug:

11. buckhunter31

buckhunter31 Junior Member

Thanks for the support all. I have to look at the bright side of things though....ah.. oh.... I could... Forget it... Not being able to hunt.. There is no bright side...:censored: Well I do get to watch some goods sports on tv though.. I do live in New England.. :biggrin1:

Go Sox and Pats.:bowl:

Happy huntin all

PS I will work at my post count.. Kinda tough sittin in the computer chair for a long period of time though..

Thanks again