Seen my First Monster

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by Pencil N Broadhead, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Pencil N Broadhead

Pencil N Broadhead Junior Member

Well fellas this is my second year bow hunting. And by pure luck i got up on the big one that i had been watching for years. He came in 5 yards under my stand from behind so i didn't see him come and he started to smell me. I started freaking out he walked out 20 yards quartering away i shot and he jumped the string it was fun while it lasted though his a giant im guessing around 150s or 175s i guess nothing huge but in my book with stick n string thats a wall hanger. Have yet to see him again.

2. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Unfortunatey my friend yeah probably won't see him again. They don't get that big by makin mistakes. Who knows lightning does strike twice in the same place but not very often.
    :biggrin1:

3. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

By the way :welcome: to the forum hope you have fun.

4. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Just seenin' them is exciting to me. Hope he comes around again for ya

:welcome:

5. killbambidead

killbambidead bambi killer

wait til his gf wants to head that way he will forget all about u missing him

6. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

:welcome: Hang in there...it'll happen.I can't remember for sure "been a long time ago" but it took me 3,4 years to kill my first one....i can still see the arrow going over their back:laugh: Finally learned to aim low where the brown and white meet.GL