Shop Remodel

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by jcmorgan31, May 28, 2008.

1. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

OK....OK.....I saw the thread where everyone was speculating regarding my whereabouts for the past few days. Here is the deal. I was out of space and had a 6' wide printer that I needed to find a place for. So, I moved a wall in my shop about 12' and added about 150 square feet to my shop. I'm including some pictures to show you what it looks like now in case anyone wondered.

I spent all day today getting trained to operate the new vinyl printer/plotter. Tomorrow I will start getting caught up on decals, wraps, bows, and arrows.:D

I moved my work space clear across the shop, so my DSL cable is too short to go up into the ceiling and back down to my pc. That is why I haven't been answering PMs very well. I went to bed at 3am on sunday night and 1am on Monday night and 1am on Tuesday night, so I haven't felt like coming in the house and answering PMs....

First picture is standing at the door looking toward my work space.

[​IMG]

Nest is from my workspace looking toward my display wall. Kinda looks bare now that I have so much more wall space. My work space used to be where the bows are hanging on the left.

[​IMG]

Next is from where the bows were hanging shooting down my test range. This is where I master my 8 yard game....:rockon:

[​IMG]

Last is a picture within my workspace of my new printer/plotter. I'm ready to pump out wraps, decals and banners like a mad man...:thumb:

[​IMG]

So now you know where I've been. I'm still not completely resettled, but I'm close enough to try to get caught back up. I appreciate everyone's patience!!!

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

So you will be getting to my DEDALS soon.....:tape:

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

LOOKS GOOD, by the way......:rockon:

4. J.C.

J.C. New Member

nice looking shop jc. you still want this 452 I have for a display?

5. J.C.

J.C. New Member

whats a DEDAL?.....:tape: :noidea: :D

6. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I still have your cable hanging on the wall......haven;t built the string yet...:doh:

7. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Which dedal am I supposed to be making??? :noidea:

8. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I havent given you serving lengths yet. my bow press has been broken and I just got a new portable one to use. I'll measure it and get the stuff out to you in a day or two.

9. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I'll finish the string when the stuff arrives....:biggrin1:

10. Dooby

Dooby Scooby Dooby Doo!

Nice shop Justin! It's actually a LOT bigger than I thought it'd be.

I have to say it's also the CLEANEST and most uncluttery shop I think I've ever seen! Nice place!

I'm drooling over the mega plotter! So that means you could do full body panel stickers (we just did several of them for cars here at work...they look incredible!)....OR...easily create one piece wraps for arrows and LOOOONG stabs!

First class setup, man....first class.

Just out of curiosity...if someone wanted full vinyls for signage (like say...for a shop window...or car panels as I mentioned) is that a different type of vinyl you use so it won't fade.....or is it a different machine altogether that does the long life stuff? (pardon my ignorance...it's too big to avoid).

11. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

It uses solvent ink and heat to print. The product that comes out is outdoor grade vinyl and will not fade for at least 3 years. I can make decals, banners, t-shirt transfers (1400 dpi resolution transfers), signs, posters, printed card stock for packaging, etc. It can be used as a stand alone printer, a stand alone cutter, or both at the same time.

It will pretty much do it all.

12. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

It slices, It dices, It chops but did ya get the set of matching steak knifes?.... :noidea:

13. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

No steak knives....:noidea:

For the price, you'd think I'd get something free though.....a shirt....a hat....a barbeque set or something....:biggrin1:

14. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Nice lookin shop! I need to find a good shop to hang out in again :bored: :D

15. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

hey Morgan, where is your Maphews bows......:noidea:

how can you be a real shop wid out em??:hug:

16. J.C.

J.C. New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

17. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

he is gonna make me pay fur dat one......huh foo....:noidea:

18. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

No doubt. :nod:

19. jdawg240

jdawg240 BOWNUTS

Looking good!!! I'll be sending the string orders soon:rockon:

20. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Ah... new printer...ok slacker... send me a price on about 6 banners
    approx 2ft by 6ft with metal grommets with sewn edges and shipping to me.:rockon: