Shot a Diamond Black Ice Saturday

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by pilot, Jun 18, 2007.

1. pilot

pilot Senior Member

Just happened to go by Bass Pro Shop in Savannah, GA on Saturday to kill time before my wife and I went out to eat for fathers day with my dad.....and the Black Ice caught my eye as it hung there on the rack.

All i can say is that as soon as my hand wrapped around the grip i immediately thought, "Wow, this thing really fits me good!" It felt very balanced and very comfortable so i asked if i could shoot it and of course those guys are always looking for a reason to go in the back and goof off with the bows instead of dealing with customers....:biggrin1:

I must say i was impressed, this is a really nice shooting bow! Very smooth, good and quiet, and it has a very solid wall at full draw. The valley also has some adjustablity, which is great for me b/c it's one of things i always wish i could tweak on every bow. The narrow valley is one of the few things i would complain about on my Fred Bear Instict.

My wife offered to buy it for me but i told her to let me thunk on it a bit....:doh:

If anyone is currently shooting a Black Ice or has shot one and can shed some light on any pros and/or cons about this bow based on their experiences, please post here...b/c unless i get info to change my mind, right now the only decision i'd have to make is whether to get the camo model or to get the target model with the fancy colors and just keep my Instinct for hunting. :peace:

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

the black ice is a really nice shooting bow and it feels great in the hand....

i would say go for it....camo is easier to resell......

but I like colored ones also....:biggrin1:

4. pilot

pilot Senior Member

:clap2: Dat's purty......

Not even gonna try to save my wife any money are ya....:biggrin1:
    I hate to sell anything that's already paid for anyway 'cause i always end up taking a wash to get rid of it.

5. you like that huh:biggrin1: i can get ya a new one for less pm me and ill shoot ya a price.

6. MO.HICK

MO.HICK Senior Member

Go for the black ice. I bought one from Midevilarcher. He is a great guy to deal with and he will do you right on price and service. I have started buying different things from him. The black ice is a sweet shooter. GO FOR IT! You wont be dissapointed.

MO.Hick

7. J.A.G.

J.A.G. Senior Member

hmm, we were at Bass Pro on Saturday and looked at the Black Ice.. my husband liked it too.
    I think its a sign.
    You should get it!

8. pilot

pilot Senior Member

You gonna buy your husband one too.....right? :nod:

9. pilot

pilot Senior Member

you have a PM.....:biggrin1:

10. J.A.G.

J.A.G. Senior Member

Now, I didn't say that!

11. pilot

pilot Senior Member

You did say that you thought it was a sign though.....

12. mrs pilot

mrs pilot Junior Member

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

hey you offered to buy it in the first place.....you brought this on your self.....:biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1:

14. thehairlessone!

thehairlessone! Senior Member

They are great bows. I shot one the day I got my guardian. I would have been happy with either but the guardian just had a little better feel to me.

rick

15. battman1

battman1 Junior Member

I shot Mo Hicks and its as nice if not nicer to shoot than my switchback.

16. pdq 5oh

pdq 5oh Member

Get that Black Ice quick. It's a great shooting bow. As you've seen, quiet, smooth, fast. I love the thin grip, too. You know you'll regret passing it up. :doh: :Cry: :biggrin1:

17. pilot

pilot Senior Member

I got a deal in the works....:biggrin1:

It appears that i left my laptop on and got busted....i 'been trying to get that woman to join this site for a few weeks now and she hasn't.....and all it took was for her to find out that you guys were going to help me spend her money. She's gotten pretty serious about this archery stuff herself, that's her second bow since December in that avatar she's got there....(I'm not complaining Honey, I think it's awesome!!)

Last edited: Jun 20, 2007
  18. MO.HICK

MO.HICK Senior Member

I dont ask my wife if I can buy something. I just get it and then get in trouble later. Gives me a good reason to go shoot 3-D!

Mo.Hick

19. pilot

pilot Senior Member

Don't get me wrong, i usually don't either....but this time i'm using HER debit card and not mine.....different accounts :biggrin1: