Shot w/ my scope today... WOW!

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Dredly, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I just put my new scope on my OG. Its the first time I've ever shot using a scope and holy crap! what a difference. I'm using a 4x lense w/out a clarifier and its still 10x easier then without one.

No wonder everyone is shooting insanely high X counts... I can actually SEE the X now (And I'm only shooting at 9 yards (in my basement)

I'm thrilled!

2. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

and after screwing with it for about 2 hours I've discovered that I cannot shoot the new scope off my OG. There isn't enough L/R adjustment. Basically there is a "dead spot" where I cannot get the scope to go and thats exactly where I need it. I can probably do it with some more adjustment and adjusting how the scope is mounted but since it isn't going to be on the OG anyway I decided to stop before I break it...

and wait for my stinkin cams to come in... COME ON MATHEWS!

3. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I've got a scope coming and I can't wait to mess with it...

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

you know it amazes me that you guys get perfectly good stuff and the first thing you want to do is mess w/it:doh::biggrin1:

5. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I was the kid that spent Christmas mourning opening presents and the afternoon opening the presents...:biggrin1:
    Just gotta know what makes it work I guess???

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

you know i was thinking if some of us would tinker less.....we might shoot better....god I hate being a tinkererererer......:biggrin1:

7. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I'm patiently waiting for the right time and right price on a bow so I can start shooting my scope again. 4X at 9 yards that X must look huge to you.:laugh: And I too open presents and then open presents its just what makes us men. Maybe thats why there are so many good women archers around.:noidea:

8. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

yeah its a standard vegas 3 spot too so its not even a baby X hahaha. IT pretty much fills up the whole scope...

I wonder what the 6x lense would look like :biggrin1:

9. Alex

Alex Member

I just got my first scope on my new switchback xt. its a viper x4 mag with a zeiss coating on the lens with the sure-loc supreme sights. so im happy and i got all new stuff i bought it from a mathews pro team shooter.

10. BowhuntnHoosier

The 6X lense would look just like the 4X lense. But when looking through the lense the X will look larger.:laugh:

11. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Thank you captain obvious...:doh:

12. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

well I did ask a stupid question... :peace:

13. BowhuntnHoosier

Just feeling a little mischevious today.........stirring the pot and being sarcastic. Oh no please say it is'nt so...........................bowman's attitude is rubbing off on me.:tape: J/K buddy I know I've always been like this.:peace:

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

my attitude???:noidea:

15. rdnkgrl_robinhood

rdnkgrl_robinhood Senior Member

I am tellin ya what I was shooting my 6x Viper scope today and I bet I could see a deer wink at me with this thing!! It is awsome!

rdnkgrl

16. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I dont know too many people that bowhunt w/scopes??:noidea:

17. BowhuntnHoosier

HMMMMMM..........................maybe we should try it.:noidea:

Wonder if we could get the deer to hold still while we painted an X on the vital.:laugh:

18. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Dreadly do you shot the scope with yopu specs on..

There use to be a big ol scope for hunting many years ago it might still be around. A man could put some RainX on the lens to keep down fogging.
    I wonder if you could put it on feahters. probally smell for hunting. HS

19. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

yeah I was shooting with my glasses on. It wasn't crystal clear but it wasn't bad either

20. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Have you considered a peep clarifier? HS