Should I rob the ovation?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Dredly, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

After shooting the 3-D down in Limerick I realized how close my pins are w/ my OG. they are VERY close (I cranked up the poundage for the added speed) and I have a lot of difficulty in aiming between yardages.

So... should I rip the SureLoc off the Ovation and see if I can get it shooting well on the OG or should I leave it on the Ovation and keep shooting bowhunter w/ the OG and just realign the pins?

I hate tough decisions.

2. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I don't know that's a close call.
    My Allegiance has a Trophy Ridge on it and the pins are pretty close too. They are .019 so they don't really 'impinge' on each other, otherwise I'd be figuring out another solution.

I'm still trying to figure out what to shoot at the R-100. I don't have room to bring both bows so you guys could decide for me when I got there...:noidea:

I'm a better shot with the Ovation but I don't know about 2 variables with that bow:

1. Outdoors
    2. Distances longer than 20 yards

My Sure loc/Ovation is only sighted in for 20 yards.

:noidea:

Ron

3. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

hehe we are in the exact same boat. I perfer the OG for the speed so I can misjudge the targets more but I also love the smoothness that the Ovation provides... I was thinking about brining both also but I'm not sure...

plus the Ovation would knock me way out of hunter class.

4. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yeah, that's my issue with the Ovation. No hunter class for sure...
    Maybe if I fit it with a hunter sight and loose the stabilizer....

Hummmm......

Probably not enough time to screw around with that now. I'll be doing some shooting and make a decision in the next week or so and then just shoot that bow. I do need to practice up. We've not had any 3D's yet out this way this year, which shucks...

Ron

5. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Classes!

I dont know about up there where yall shoot!
    Down here i shoot open-pro, which is 10 to 15 yards farther than the bowhunter class, if your up for it go for it.
    Down here the scores are about the same at the table,but the yardage & where they place the stake behind trees & such is way harder.
    And down here your also shooting aginst staff & manufacture shooters!:biggrin1:

6. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

It's about the same way out here too...

My buddies and I shoot hunter class equipment but we shoot from the open stakes for the heck of it and don't even turn in our score cards. People think we're goofy and a few people 'complained' in the past (why, I don't know) but I think the hunter class stakes here are too easy and not realistic. We shoot for practice and fun, not for the competition part of it. We kind of compete amongst ourselves.

Ron

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Dredly stop wearing that skirt and man up......put the sure loc on the other bow and get used to it.....hows your memory???

cus the only problem you may have is remembering to move the sight for the different distances....:noidea:

8. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I have a buddy that his pins are close together and they are set at 15-30-45-60-75 yrds

9. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I was thinking about that too... 15, 25, 40... but they would still be to close I think :noidea:

Maybe I'll switch it over for the Limerick shoot and see how it works there.

as for distance... I don't care where we shoot from... I'm looking forward to shooting from the womens traditional stakes :biggrin1:

10. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I would steal the sure/loc and move up to open class. Of course my XT is so slow that I have plenty of room between my pins.:biggrin1:

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

so I was wondering is one of them nick named peter and the other paul???

robbing peter to pay paul......:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

12. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

Me Too! :biggrin1:

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I was dieing when I read that also.......

14. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

I get too confused with all those multiple pins....I forget which one I have for what so I stick with the sureloc. Now it's finally all fixed up 3rd axis wise etc. It was a bit off....by TONS...maybe I'll actually shoot better now LOL.

15. Sniper

Sniper Senior Member

You could shoot from the pro stake when you come back to Limerick. Many of of hunter-equipped shooters do it. It adds to the challenge. To be honest, almost all hunter stakes are too close to keep my interest, and we put hunter farther back than most clubs. We don't make it a walk in the park, but increase your level of difficulty. If you want a easy course, go play "PUTT-PUTT". If you want a challenge, come to Limerick. If you twelve our new Moose with hunter sights fro Pro, you're good.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2007