Sight Pins

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by wolf942, Mar 29, 2008.

1. wolf942

wolf942 New Member

I am setting up a new bow,Bowtech Extreme VFT .The arrows hit low .Follow the arrow,The pin housing is as low as it can go on the bracket.And the pins wont go down any farther because of the fiber optic cable is pulled down all the way.Do I need to higher the rest? Any help .Bow only has two holes to mount sight. Sight is a Apex Inferno ,Trophy Ridge drop zone rest .ThanksEd

Last edited: Mar 29, 2008
  2. J.C.

J.C. New Member

How high is your anchor point? I've seen people run out of adjustment vertically if they anchor very high on their face.

3. wolf942

wolf942 New Member

anchor point

I use the corner of my mouth with a kisser button, nose touching string. Ed

4. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

A low peep sight will make your arrows impact low. If you are dropping your chin to get your eye down to the peep sight, I would recommend raising it. Even a 1/4" can make a big difference.

If that isn't the case, then your limited to what you can do. If your arrow is at a 90 degree angle off your string, then raising your rest will make your nock point low and arrow flight will be poor. Make sure your arrow is nocked level to 1/8" higher than your rest with the rest in the up position.

5. wolf942

wolf942 New Member

Thanks

The peep was low now that you mentioned it.I adjusted it when I got home from the range.Thanks ED