sight ?s

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by sca_tt, May 10, 2007.

1. sca_tt

sca_tt Junior Member

hello i am new here and new to bows. i got my first bow today. a hoyt razortec. i got it used and the only thing it didnt come with is a sight. what sight would you all recomend for 3d and hunting deer? i am not rich so money is a factor. i would like to stay under 50$. i am going to the range tomorrow to have it adjusted and get a better fit. the guy that owns the shop is very knowledgable and has 30+yrs. just wanted some opinions. thanks

scott

man i am pumped

2. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

Several sights out there that are pretty decent to be had for a reasonable price. I personally would just check out and find the brightest optics you can find in a .019 pin if you going to be shoot 3d and hunting. Good Luck and welcome to the sport.:rockon:

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

50 or less is kinda limiting but Toxonics and CopperJohns have a couple of multipin sights that run $49.99.....tru glo is o.k. and they have some cheapies........

4. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I would look at the Copper John sights. They are well made and the customer service is outstanding.....:peace:

5. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

I am really happy with my viper sight. Brand new it's just under $100, however, you could probably find a good used viper or extreme sight on archery talk for around $50 if you keep your eyes open. Viper and Extreme sights are about identical. Actually, I have a trophy ridge vertical pin sight, .029 pins, three pins that I will give you a good deal on. It's just collecting dust right now. Shoot me a PM

6. papito

papito Petering it since 06

I have a toxonics five pin that i like alot, i use it for 3d and hunting and i thinj its a great sight for its money.

7. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

exactly! Copper John is on my hunting bow every year and will stay on there! Stay away from the Sidewinders w/ thumb-turn screws... no good at all.

8. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

sight?

copper,john dead-nuts $49.99
    This is a great sight at this price!:biggrin1:
    And by the way :welcome:

9. sca_tt

sca_tt Junior Member

thanks for the info i am going to look for a horizontal pin sight. i will check out ebay and the classifieds.

thanks again

scott

10. sca_tt

sca_tt Junior Member

went to the bow smith and 150$ later i have 6 arrows a sight and a fine tuned bow. the arrows are easton 340 8.6gp and 100 feild tips. the sight is a carolina 3pin with light and micro adj. i am very happy. i am going to join a bump league and also do some 3ds this summer.

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

sweet glad you found something that works for you!!!

welcome by the way......stick around and have some fun w/us.......