sights

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by cowboy50, Feb 21, 2008.

1. cowboy50

cowboy50 New Member

hey im thinking about buying a new sight for my martin do yall have any ideas on what kind i should get. I know that i want a lighted sight probably or just somthing that is brighter than mine i have right now.

2. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

Copper Johns, Montana Black Gold, Vital Bow Gear. Spot Hogg if you're rich.

3. cowboy50

cowboy50 New Member

i've heard that trophy ridge is a really good sight what do you think

4. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

there is a bunch of good sights out there. I'm not married to any. I've never used Trophy Ridge but they look pretty good and I haven't heard anything bad about them.

5. cowboy50

cowboy50 New Member

a friend of mine has one and he says that there great.

6. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

When I look at them, I see others I'd rather have. Namely Spot Hogg but I can't afford that. I seen a really nice VBG 3 pin triangle site the other day for $50. I am thinking about it pretty hard, those suckers are bright, no light needed. The MBG Flash Point is pretty bright, simple, and awesome too, but its over $100.

7. Bozwell

Bozwell Rytera Rocks!

Myself, there are 3 sights that I will put on a bow and nothing else. They are, in my personal order of preference..............

#1 Sword

#2 Sword

#3 Sword

Built like a tank at 50% the price of a Hogg

Just my $.02 worth :peace:

8. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I like my MBG Flashpoint. Very Bright but no pin glare when in bright sun shooting into darkness.:p

9. trussoni

trussoni Ninja Fighting Fool

I am looking into a new site as well. I have a truglo one now that is pretty good it has a light etc. and it gathers light real well. My problem is that I have diabetes and my eyesight tends to change sometimes according to my sugar level. I am looking into ones with lenses on the sight or in a peep or perhaps both. All of my sighted friends just love the TruGlo I have though.

10. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

That's the same order of sights that I have....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

11. Ohioarcher

Ohioarcher VaporTrail Staff Shooter

I just purchased a sword #2, glad to hear the great review from people. Can't wait to get mine on the bow and see how it works.

12. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

I don't think you'll be disapointed I have been shooting Swords for years...:peace:

13. archer1983

archer1983 New Member

I actually dont like the vert pins. I couldnt get used to it.

Personally, i favor extreme viper and sword. :peace:

14. tedicast

tedicast Member

The past 3 years I have exclusively used Viper sights. Built like a tank, and super bright. To try something different, I ordered a Spot Hogg hoggit, for my LD. Based on pin brightness, I wish I had gotten the Viper Micro-Tune. I got the Hoggit without the wrap. I didn't want to spend $50 more for the wrap. I'm impressed with the S.H. sight, except for pin brightness. I'll be doing a fiber mod on it very soon.

15. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

now that would make a good poaching sight :tape: :laugh:

16. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

I do like my sword an awful lot!

17. hilltophunter

hilltophunter Junior Member

I went with the Sword as well. I had been using the Trophy Ridge for years.........

18. tedicast

tedicast Member

gonn have to check that out Virg, next time we shoot 3D together. The Swords look like really nice sights. I have never seen one in person.

19. HCAman

HCAman New Member

Wow, several sword shooters. I guess I will look into them as well.

I have owned Viper, Trophy Ridge, Copper John and a few other alsorans.
    But my favorite is the Apex Gear Inferno :thumb:

20. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

Yeah, I was looking at the Apex in my catalog, those things are built like a tank. I'd buy that Nitrous 4 pin if I had $95. I just bought a sweet :censored: MTB, new 3 pin for $10.50. Oh yeah. Its true. Take that, BAM!

Again, there are a ton of nice sights to choose from, I wished they wasn't so damn expensive. Like $75 max would be nice. :noidea: