Sliced flecthings

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Holy Smokes, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Hi ,A friend of mine who is new and went bowhunting the frist time this year with me and is 61 shoots a wb and the 2nd vane keeps getting sliced off like you took a razor to it about 1/8 inch up. Tis one has me stumped:noidea: Has anybody got any ideas. Thx, Holy Smokes

2. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Contact w/ the cables would be my only possible suggestion... but that would rip it, not slice it. Somone playing a joke on the poor guy and superglue his whiskers together?

3. papito

papito Petering it since 06

A fiend of mine was shooting blazers out of his wb and after a few shots they took his vanes completyl off:noidea:

4. rdnkgrl_robinhood

rdnkgrl_robinhood Senior Member

Sliced fletch

If he is using a WB tell him to look at whiskers real close there is one section of them that are all black and the rest of them are brown.... The Whiskers that are black are the stiffest ones. He should position his arrows so that none of his vanes are going to go through the black whiskers at all. If they do they will shred the vanes every time.

rdnkgrl_robinhood
    valee_girl70@yahoo.com

5. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

:nono: Bowman, remember your promise :tape:

6. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Hey tkx for the info is there any other ideas. Come on Mr Bowman why do ya'll think I posted this for. Especially after Bowman swore off black balling the wb:frusty::nono: :pound: God Bless, Holy Smokes :smokin:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2006
  7. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

You don't dangle a cheesecake in front of the fat guy.....That's just heartless :rolleyes: :nono:

8. papito

papito Petering it since 06

Its probably killing bowman not to post. He is probably going through withdrawl.

9. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

Sooner or later, Bowman will fall off the wagon.

10. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

This is cracking me up here after he posted no more bashing of the WB someone starts a thread like this.:laugh: :laugh: I believe Bowman truly knows the importance and great value of the Whisker Biscuit rest.

To reply to the question I have no idea what would be causing the vane to be cut like you are describing. SORRY.