Small Game??

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by brokenarrow, Sep 5, 2006.

1. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Anyone else shoot tree rats and the like with a bow?

Do you go out for small game intentionally or is it just if they cross your path?

2. ridgewalker243

ridgewalker243 Member

small game

I usually dont go out for small game but I always carry an arrow with a judoe (spelling???) point on it. I have shot a tree rat and a partridge (not flying of course) before.

3. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

only reason I carry 4 arrows :) Its amazing how quite the woods become after you skewer a tree rat.

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

quote of the week hog.........

it is funny, I dont care who you are.........

5. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

How well do these things work? they are pretty expensive (9 bux a tip?) so I'm hesitant to buy any but if they work really well and you can recover the arrow I'm intrested.

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I wonder:noidea: what a Gobbler Guilitine would do to a tree rat.....:decision:

7. ridgewalker243

ridgewalker243 Member

Jodoe Points

Judoe points work great!!! I can shoot them just about any where and dont loose them. They stay right on top of the ground. They also are just like a field point in flight. I think you can buy 3 of them for $12 at any archery shop. I bought mine about 4 years ago and they are still going strong.

8. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

you know... i never thought of that... I don't think it would fit in my quiver but I could probably shoot one off the back porch...

or for that matter what would it do to a rabbit? (I have a LOT of those around)

9. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

I have before, just can't figure an easy way to get em out of the tree after I stick em to it :noidea:

10. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

wait until they get on the ground :)

11. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

i shot one off a tree limb in the tree next to me one time, waited till after dark to go get my arrow, man o man that thing stunk bad, never did it again...

12. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I shot 1 last year w/ a 3 blade mech and it made a @*$#! mess of him. I keep a bludgeon or 2 on hand for them, as for rabbits I haven't gotten 1 w/ the bow yet.

13. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

[​IMG]