So I....

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Hook Em, May 18, 2008.

1. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

am shooting 3D today at a ASA state qualifier and I am about 21 targets in when we get to a rinehart deer with an apple on his nose. It is a center 12 and I shoot first....pick my spot and I am burning a hole in it, draw still staring at my spot...settle the pin and BLAM!! What happened? Was my nock cracked? what the hell...

then I reached into my back pocket....arrow still there. ummmmm yeah. I am THAT guy. Forgot to nock an arrow guy, please stand up :wave:

The Allegiance was fine and I shot the last 9 targets 2 up...maybe I shoulda dry fired it earlier :noidea:

I have heard of people doing that I just thought to myself, how the heck could you forget to nock an arrow...you friggin moron. I be that moron now :biggrin1:

I finished 2nd, and yes firechic beat me :frusty: :frusty:

2. archer1983

archer1983 New Member

It happens.

THe important part is that no one including yourself was not injured as a result.

Congrats on second place. :cool:

3. Hook Em

thanks! I was pleasantly surprised that my bowtech didn't explode...having it backed down to 60lbs and having an STS saved me I think.

4. archer1983

archer1983 New Member

did the string and cables come off or anything?

i dryfired by old Bear Instinct one time, well actually two times in a row!

Now I bet you dont feel so stupid.. :doh:

No damage though and no one was injured. :frusty:

Last edited: May 18, 2008
  5. pred8er

pred8er He who eats fuzzy animals

I had a buddy who did this to his Legacy 3 times, two of those were on the same day:dizzy: His bow made it through just fine, in fact I bought it from him cheap because he thought it was cursed (he never killed a deer with it either).
    The funniest part was even though no one was looking at him when it happened, everyone around turned to stare when he did it (it definitely makes a distictive sound). After the second time in one day, the people behind us were telling him to make sure he had an arrow nocked before he shot :lol: . Don't know about ASA, but in IBO, if you can pick the arrow up from the stake, you can re-shoot it and since it never left the stake, he re-shot.:lol:

6. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

OUCH! Glad it held together for you.

7. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

CONGRATS....................moron.:D Just kidding Hook. We all have brain farts. Glad to hear no one was hurt. Did Pink or Firechic have you distracted before the shot??:tape: :biggrin1:

8. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

How old did you say you was Hook:lol:

9. Hook Em

Pink wasn't there and Firechic shot in a different group. Shot with a couple guys that I just met yesterday. They were good guys and didn't give me too hard of a time.

10. Hook Em

No damage at all...just had to straighten out my loop and it was ready to rock. Still gonna get some new strings for it though...some cool new Ranger Strings :rockon:

11. Dens228

Dens228 Senior Member

Thankfully that's never happened to me.

I did shoot an arrow with no point or insert though.

I had lost it in my 3d deer the time before and put the arrow into my quiver while I kept shooting. I didn't reshoot it that day but I did the next day.

No damage to the bow but I did say to myself after the shot, "Man that arrow seemed faster".

12. Mathews Man

Mathews Man Foam Killer

Did the same thing last year on a 35 yrd turkey. But that was the last time. Hopefully.

13. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

YOU BIG DUMBY. lol J/K

14. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

15. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I'd be trying to figure out how to kick myself in the arse after I did something like that... :frusty:

Glad things turned out OK.

Ron

16. J.C.

J.C. New Member

Did you take a zero on that target, or take a mulligan?......:biggrin1: :biggrin1:

17. Hook Em

neither...I just shot it after my dry-fire tune :noidea:

18. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

You know, the arrow rest i use on my 3d bow, most people hate it because most of the time the arrow wont stay on there on the draw......BUT it really makes me think about the arrow on the draw.....saved me twice today, caught it before i drew.....

19. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

Ahhhhhh - Memories, I remember my first dry-fire. :dizzy:

Nothing makes you feeling dumber than doing that...:bowl: :D Glad your bow's ok.:rockon:

20. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I did it with the Switchback 1 time......STS saved my but on that one.....:peace: