Somthing to talk about

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by ridgewalker243, May 4, 2007.

1. ridgewalker243

ridgewalker243 Member

Any body shot a Ross bow??? They have seem to come on very fast. How do they shoot, hows there prices, and do they hold up over time????

2. dodgedude2003

dodgedude2003 Junior Member

Depends on what you like.

I tried one, a 334. Shoots and holds nice, but I like the draw cycle of hybrids better.
    Prices around here are less than the big boys, something like $650.
    Excellent quality from what I've seen.

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

that not bad, but how could you be when you are almost a carbon copy of the big M....no not Martin....:noidea:

4. ridgewalker243

ridgewalker243 Member

Ross

Well I gues ross bows cant be to popular, no one seems to have one!!!

5. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I just sold my Ross CR331 a little while ago. I liked it quite a bit but I'm 6'4 w/ a 30+ inch DL... I just coudln't get used to the tiny A2A.

he bows are built with some amazing quality and attention to detail. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a CR334 or Cardiac.

Also, the back wall is a bit spongy which is awesome for hunting however made it very uncomfortable to shoot for target. I drew at some insane angles and let down without spooking the deer on several occasions and it has an extremly smooth draw, no valley at all.

I would honestly consider it a "built for hunting" Mathews that is a bit cheaper but still extremly high qualtiy.

If you have the chance to shoot one don't miss out. Shoot it and you will like it :rockon:

6. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

I have the CR337 and know the folks over at Ross(only live 7 miles from the factory). I love the Ross, very smooth draw, quiet, and a definite straight shooter. They are easy to work on and tune.

Now, they are not necessarily fast, (IBO rated 305) but then again, these bow's were mainly built as a smooth shooting hunting bow. To keep up with consumer demand, they have come out with the Cardiac which has an IBO of 322 fps. But the folks at Ross will be the first to tell you, top end speed is not their main goal. A top notch, reasonably priced, quality hunting bow is first.

7. mdewitt71

mdewitt71 Senior Member

I have 3 of them and getting ready to get my 4th.......
    So far I have no complaints about em...real smooth shooting and sweet looking rigs; the people at Ross are 2nd to none in my book.

8. ada33

ada33 Junior Member

Ross makes a great bow. Their attention to detail is second to none and their customer service is awesome (just call and ask a question about their bows and you'll see). If you have to have top-end speed it is not the bow for you. If you want a bow that is smooth and extremely accurate (most accurate I've ever shot), then give it a try. If speed is important to you, then give the Cardiac a try - I've heard it has all the benefits of the CR line with more speed (I'm still waiting to shoot one :Cry: ).

Another plus is that they are very easy to tune and keep in tune. As with any bow choice, it comes down to what is best for YOU. There are a lot of great bows out there to be had. If you have a chance, take the time to try Ross and I think you will appreciate their bows. You'll also find that they are far more than just a cheaper "copy" of some other company's bows......... :tape2:

9. mdewitt71

mdewitt71 Senior Member

I just got my 3rd Ross today:

10. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

You know........................I just love bows.:tape: I need to get to the local Ross dealer and give the Cardiac at few test runs.:noidea:

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

not thinking of changing are you???

12. BowhuntnHoosier

As soon as I find a bow that shoots and feels as good to me as my XT.

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

shouldnt it feel better????

14. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

The Ross CR334 will probably be what you are looking for then bud but if you don't have the money for the new bow then don't shoot it :doh:

15. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

ross!

Never shot a ross, i guess i'll have to try one!
    Give ya'll a review!:biggrin1:

16. BowhuntnHoosier

Gonna call the local dealer tomorrow and see if he has one in stock.:peace: