sonic broadheads

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by diamond-vic., Sep 4, 2006.

1. diamond-vic.

diamond-vic. Senior Member

hey guys, i am using sonic broadheads on ym arrows. ther made by the american broadhead company. they are a fixed blade and wen i tell u they fly exactly like field tips they do. i sighted in with fieldtips then went directly to broadheads. literaly no change at all, also requires absolutly no tuning!! they're awsome!! try them, i gurantee u wont be dissapointed!!

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

whats the cutting diameter?

3. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Here sign up for a free one. Just click on the free broadhead and hat offer. I think the 75 and 100 grain has a 7/8" cutting diameter and the 85 and 125 has a 1" cutting diameter. http://www.americanbroadhead.com/

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I wish all companies gave the options of buying 1 to try, soyou could by a bunch and try them out before you bought a hole package and decided they wernt for you.......

5. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yes, I agree but what makes this even better is that they GIVE you one to try for FREE ! Now that's what I call smart marketing. The product costs less to make than it costs to market, sell and distribute it. Cool deal, I signed up for a free one...

Ron

6. BowhuntnHoosier

Yep, Free Trial Offer is GOOD!!!!!:rockon: I like a little larger cutting diameter but if they fly good I may just have to give them a try. :peace:

7. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yeah, for free it's worth a try.
    I use 100gr heads anyway so that's a perfect deal to try...
    Thanks for the tip.

Ron

8. clemenlp

clemenlp Diamond in the Rough

I got mine in the mail this weekend. I like the fact that the blades go clear to the point, it must cut through like a knife. I wasn't too impressed by the way they were assembled though. They seemed complicated to assemble and I couldn't keep the locknut tight, it's kind of thin so I was leary about making it too tight. I do want to seeing how it shoots compared to the Muzzy's I'm using now though. I would also like to see one in the 1" Diameter.

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

glad you brought this up, does anyone else set up there hunting arrows and use a small amount of thread sealer or loctite on there broadheads, I do as i had one come loose in the quiver once.....

10. clemenlp

clemenlp Diamond in the Rough

I have on rifle scopes but never on broadheads or field points because I thought that if I ever had to remove them that I didn't want to take the insert with it. However I did put small rubber "O" rings on them one year but if you do that, unless you take them off after the season, they have to be replaced every year. This year I put a couple of passes of plumber's tape on them, that way they are tight enough to last the season but at the same time easier to remove.

11. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I smear a tiny bit of black RTV silicone on the threads of both my broadheads and field points. You can back them out whenever you want by hand but vibration will not loosen them. All you need is enough to fill in the threads a bit. A very small dab is more than enough. I tried blue loctite and I had a very hard time getting the points out. I have 1 arrow that will be used with a field point forever (or until it breaks or I loose it) since I cannot get the point out... Channel locks, vise, etc... Won't budge...

Ron

12. BowhuntnHoosier

I recieved my free Sonic Broadhead today. It sure is a puny little thing compared to my Muzzy's but next week I'll give it a good test against them and see what happens.

13. BowhuntnHoosier

Ok guys I done some testing today with my Muzzy's and the free Sonic.

Accuracy is fantastic, it shoots right there beside my FP and Muzzy's.:rockon:
    Penetration is outstanding, it penetrated about 12" farther into target than my Muzzy's.:peace:
    Now I have to consider the cutting diameter vs penetration. What do you guys think smaller cutting diameter but better penetration or larger cutting diameter with less penetration???? Anyone have any comments they would like to add. One thing though I have never shot a deer with a Muzzy and not blown all the way through.:noidea:

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I have always beleived in larger diameter, w/less penatration.....:biggrin1:

Hey frank the reason the arrows always went thru.....you were shooting tree trunks for arrows.......

15. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Its been a week and still have not received the free sonic......

well it goes to show you, you never get something for nothing.....

oh well I guess its back to Spitfires and Muzzy's.....

16. BowhuntnHoosier

Adam it took about 2 weeks for me to recieve mine. Also ABC had problem with someone mixing some overplated ferrules up and shipping them out so they are resending some. I think they said they are sending like 10,000 sonics out. Just be careful when you are assembling them mine was very sharp and as small as they are its tough to get a good grip on them. I hope you get yours soon and can give us your expert opinion on them.:biggrin1:

Anyone else recieved one yet???

17. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

well maybe then I will still get mine but the muzzys look better and better every day....

18. BowhuntnHoosier

Well guys I have decided which BH I'll be killing with this year......drum role please..............................................................................................................MUZZY 3-Blade I just cannot see any reason to change from them although the Sonic's are a very very good BH. So now how about the rest of you what BH are you using this year????