Sonic makes good, Impressive Customer Service

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by clemenlp, Oct 4, 2006.

1. clemenlp

clemenlp Diamond in the Rough

Well, got the mail last night and there is another letter from American Broadhead Company. I open it up and there is another broadhead in the package with a new letter. I says that the free Sonic broadhead I got from them may have been defective and they wanted to send another one to replace it. Even went as far as to upgrade it the Pro 100 instead of the standard. Now, originally I wasn't that impressed with the head, but once I assembled my new one it all came together. I must say that I am more impressed all of the time with them. The head is very nice, everything fits together beautifully, and talk about customer service. I can really get into a company that calls out there own faults and fixes them, even if the product you got was free. Now if I could just get past the smaller diameter issue I would shoot them all the time.

So, here in lies the question, is the smaller cutting diameter as big an issue as I am making it or am I passing on a great product for no apparent reason? Also, to everyone else that received a replacement, did this address any doubts you may have had or make anyone else question changing heads as well?

Special Thanks to Sonic for making everything right, very impressive broadhead and customer service that, I feel, goes above and beyond the call of duty.

Nice Job
    Clem

2. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I shot my sample Sonic head 3 times before I lost a blade in the target. Is the new one a different design than the old ? Even after I locked that ring down on mine I could still move the blades back and forth. That thing did fly exactly like my field points do though.

Ron

3. clemenlp

clemenlp Diamond in the Rough

The letter they sent said that if, when assembled, there was a gap between the tip of the blades that it could be prone to a blade seperating from the broadhead. Some of the blades had a bad finish that wouldn't allow the tips to come together completely, and you may have had one of those.

Maybe in the next couple of days you'll be getting a different one as well. They said that they had to send out approximately 5,000 new heads to replace the ones that may have been defective. Although, they also said that not everyone that is receiving a replacement originally got one that was defective. They are, however, sending out new ones to everyone that got one before the problem was discovered, this way everyone is covered.

Clem

4. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Mine did the same as RonHop's, I lost 2 blades in with the first shot, the blades appeared to come together pretty well.

Buddy of mine just picked up the Sonic 100 Pros. Shot and missed at a squirrel and destroyed one of the blades when it hit the ground.

5. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

SQUIRREL !
    :laugh:

That's why I have a couple of arrows in my quiver with old heads on them. If I get bored and the squirrels are out 'playing' I can take a shot and not mess up my Spitfires...
    :laugh:

Ron

6. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

he didn't see any deer :)

my other buddy put a Muzzy through one on opening morning, bounced it off a rock, through some moss and off another one... head was fine... tree rat wasn't

7. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Yes I agree American Broadhead Company is definately top notch. I recieved the original head and have shot it at least 12 times into targets without any head failures at all it is in great shape. Flew point on with my target tips. Then I checked the mail and sure enough they sent me another one now I have assembled it and it seems absolutely great. But, I like the little larger cutting diameter of my Muzzy's and have not had any problems with complete pass throughs yet so I am sticking with my Muzzy's until they let me down or I lose all of them.

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Guess i should keep an eye on the mail box, I was the last to get one before so we will have to see.....Mine did not fly all that well and I noticed the whistle sound that most of the montec guys talk about....

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Well tried the Sonic again w/the new Maximas and got a completly different result....flew like bullets....and no noise....must have been the arrows....

10. jimposten

jimposten Senior Member

I switched to the sonic this year and I love em, I shot a 5pointer opening evining with one. I did a few durability tests and so far i have had nothing but good results. The sent me a sample and I was sold, they then sent me a sample of the pro heads with the 1" cutting diameter, I wish i would have seen that before I bought a half dozen of the 7/8.

Either way, they fly good for me and I will continue killing all gods creatures with them:biggrin1:

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

are the pro heads 1" at 100gr?

12. jimposten

jimposten Senior Member

Yep, And I think the libertys are even bigger at 100gr

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Do you have a pic of the liberty's

14. jimposten

jimposten Senior Member

[​IMG]

1 3/16 inches and they fly like missles!!!!

15. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I would hate to think what would happen if those heads shot any better than mu muzzy set up right now......

16. jimposten

jimposten Senior Member

I switched from muzzys to these this year and i am an ABC Believer now!:rockon: