Son's First Day Ever Bow Hunting is a Success

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by clemenlp, Oct 9, 2006.

1. clemenlp

clemenlp Diamond in the Rough

Well, Sunday my son went bow hunting with us for the first time ever. After a while my Father-in-Law came to me and said that with the wind the way it was that we weren't going to see anything from the stands we were in. So, we decide to get my son and move him to a new spot and from there I will decide where to go. As we come up onto the ridge beside the trail my son is watching my Father-in-Law says he has kicked up more deer than anyplace else. So, he gives a little cough and nothing. As we come down the trail we see my son standing in the middle with an arrow nocked, and he looks lost/confused. Then we notice that there is another arrow sticking up from the ground. :rockon: Sure enough when he coughed that kicked that 8 point out and as it was running down the trail my son grunted at it. The deer stopped and he took it in the neck, broke it, and it went straight down getting one of the horns stuck into the ground. So, needless to say we had back straps and tenderloin last night. :biggrin1: :biggrin1:

2. MO.HICK

MO.HICK Senior Member

Congrats on your first deer. I like to see our youth getting into the sport.

Tom

3. Frank

Frank Member

Congrats, After many years hunting with a bow. I can say that the first harvest is usually the most memorable. My son is just getting intrested in hunting and archery.I can not wait till he is hunting with me. :rockon: :rockon:

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

That is awsome....great job, and sick shot.....no wonder he looked confused....

tell him to register, if he can stop from shaking and give us the story in his own words......

now see dredly that is what a real deer looks like and how to take a good picture......

5. D3e11is

D3e11is Junior Member

Alright, heres my story of this. (Im Clemenlp's son) The night before its was decided I could choose where I wanted to be and that they would work around it. I quickly picked one of my favorite spots. I sat down roughly around 7:10 a.m. About 20 minutes later I spoted a deer about 50-55 yards away. I watched that deer for a while and soon after another deer came out. Both were bucks. I was VERY shakey. After about 30 minutes both deer disapeered, I thought they would work their way up to my dad. But they ended up staying in the area, just out of site. About 15 minutes after they walked off my grandfather was working his way towards me with my dad. I heard him cough and it sent both bucks right back down to where I was and put them both about 25 yards away beside me. I Grunted with my mouth because I wasnt going to try to find the grunt call and both stoped. I took the shot and it went down burrying its horns and it couldnt get back up. I still couldnt believe it after feild dresing it. It by far will be my most memorable hunt, until maybe I see my own son do the same thing.

6. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Congratulations on your first kill.:rockon: This can get very addictive though. Also glad to have you here with us :welcome: to the forum.

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

where in NY are you from? Must be north or south of southern zone.....

8. JVA54

JVA54 Member

9. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Nice deer, CONGRATS!!!

10. clemenlp

clemenlp Diamond in the Rough

About an hour north of Watertown on Rte 11. Village of Gouverneur.

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yeah thats about 4 hours from me most likely.......