Special Edition Bows....

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by IChim2, Sep 28, 2007.

1. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

Seeing Dan's bow got me to thinking...you have special limited edition guns...why not bows.I think it would be :cool: .Limited edition Turkey/Deer hunters model's.I know the price would increase...but you know how we are about our hunting stuff...they would sell just like everything else does..

2. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Bows are different market :) Noone would pay more for a bow that is 2 years old then they did when it was new. Bows aren't normally left laying around to "gain more value" like guns are.

3. IChim2

That makes sense.But with all the marketing hype...i'm really surprised we haven't seen it.I'm not saying that everyone buy's into the hype but some do..on a regular baises.

4. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

My trykon is a 75th anniversary if that means anything.:noidea: It's not going to be worth more when I go to sell it, when I buy the 08 Hoyt!:Cry:

5. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Elite did a "special edition" bow in the Envy (limited release) and really it didn't matter. They would have sold a lot mroe if they would have made them but they went limited edition for some reason.

There have been lots of "commenteritave" and "special edition" bows released, they never become collectors items though

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

because the compound archery world has not reached its peak yet, I believe......

give it 25 more years and then you may see collecters prices on some of this stuff......

7. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

yup more then likey thats the main reason behind it. Buying something that will be obolete in a year isn't a good way for collectors items.

Think of Cars... the reason antiques are so valuable is because they were the top of the line then and are still usable...

a 1982 Whitetail Hunter is considered a throw away bow now because there is no reason to shoot it... it isn't enjoyable to shoot as opposed to what we have now.

Same with a gun... an old winchester will shoot just as good as a new one as firearm technology really hasn't changed THAT much (generally speaking) in the last 100 years.

8. IChim2

I wasn't talking about just a limited edition...maybe the word should have been ..special edition...like all tricked out like Dan's bow.Not so much that the bow would be worth more money down the road but for those who just want something different.

9. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

You mean target colors?

10. IChim2

Camo..:laugh: like the cams and every thing matching.

11. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

ohhh. Yeah I don't know why companies don';t do that already... doesn't make much sense unless it is a performance thing?

12. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Bowtech had a special edition bow out a couple of years ago...
    It was designed around the professional bull riding circuit/theme...

Ron

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yup it would EXOPLODE out of the gate........

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

and you never lasted the full 8 seconds........

15. IChim2

Oh..come on now.

16. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

Comments from a Bunny Man:lol: :lol: :lol:

17. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

did I mention it was called BUZZER BEATER..........:lol:

18. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

:lol: :bowl: