Splinter in my Bowtech Limb

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Dredly, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

So I mentioned it in another thread but here is a pic of one of the splinters in my OG limb. Its very small at this point and this is the largest one, there are about 4 or 5 in the same area, all smaller then the one pictured,

it may be a bit under 1/4 of an inch or so if that.

I don't need to hear any "bowtech sucks" "you should have known this would happen"... etc. this is an 05 which has seen tens of thousands of arrows, it was my hunting bow for a year, target bow for a year and will be my hunting bow again this year

2. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Give Bowtech a call and see what they can do...
    I had a couple of questions about cam timing on my Allegiance and they were extremely helpful.
    I also had a Diamond Victory that was mis-adjusted by Gander Mountain to over-rotate the cam, which caused the cable to break at full draw, which caused the bow to literally explode... Bowtech/Diamond fixed it no questions asked. When I got it back the paper in the box indicated all parts were new except for the riser. Cost me $20 for shipping, which I gladly paid.

Ron

3. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

They Blow.

Just kidding I had to. Every company has problims with them. I had a PSE nove limbs go south. Yes call them. I am about to call them myself to. I bought a Pro40 wheelie from a guy. It looks brand new. He said he bought it new old stock. He never used it and now I know why. You can not get mods for it. I need it to go down to 24 or 25 DL for my oldest girl to use as a alround bow(2D and spots). So W7 or W6 mods I am in need of. No one has them and everyone says they will call Bowtech about them and I never back.
    I emailed cracker and he said he had the same trouble with one he bought for his son. Bowtech replaced it with a plain pro 40. But I am not a dealer so we will see what they do for me.

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

3000 posts and this is the best you can do for a pic???

maybe more time at the camera and less time at the keyboard......:lol:

5. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I was going to give him heck about that but I thought: "Naw, Bowman can handle that better than me anyway, so I'll lay off..."...:laugh:

Ron

6. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

You should have known better Dred......its not like you didn't have any warnings.....Bowtech's are known for this.....serves you right.......told you so......nah nah nah......:p

The best part is that your thread keeps showing up near the Bowtech raffle thread.....:laugh: :laugh:

7. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I'd call them...
    They'll take car of it I'm sure....
    Right after they put you on hold and scream"WE GOT ANOTHER ONE!!!":tape:

8. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

No big deal Bowtech will take care of it quickly just stay on them and tell you need it quick for hunting season. I would not shoot it until it was fixed. Good luck and to everyone bashing I say :p :p :p :p

Oh and I must say that picture totally sucks.

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

10. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

They should make a new commercial from that old one:; this is your brain-

this is your brain on drugs BOWTECH

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

:p :p :p ..........

12. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

Yep !!! I new it would happen to ya bro... My first and only bowtech was a new liberty VFT.
    and after about 20 shots. the top limb exploded into 2 pieces. Right down the center.
    So I got my new one back from bowtech and sold it . and got a Martin MV2Elite fury X system black and red marble. Man that was a sweet bow..

13. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Shhhhhhhhh don't tell everybody my secert

14. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

There I put it together

15. thehairlessone!

thehairlessone! Senior Member

That's comical. The only bow with a limb problem that I ever had was a martin. No joke.

I am on my 5th bowtech now with not even the tinest problem. I absolutely love them.

Rick

16. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Well got the price on my OG. As I'm not the original owner (the original owner had the bow for about a month) I'll have to pay for the limbs...

165 (including tax) for the limbs shipped. Another at LEAST 50.00 labor, more then likely it will be more then that as the bow is retimed and setup. 2 - 3 weeks shipping time assuming the limbs are in stock.

so either I put another 215 - 250 into an 05' bow that I don't want to hunt with anyway or I look for a different bow in the 250 range to hunt with...

Looks like Bowtech has lost a shooter that they didn't care about anyway. Oh well.

17. J.C.

J.C. New Member

Seems like you could find a set of used limbs in the AT classifieds for $50-60 dollars. Surely you know somebody with a press so you could change the limbs yourself.

18. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I looked and didn't find any. Very very few sets of limbs end up in the classified for some reason but I didn't see any for an 05 Old Glory.

19. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Hey I'll tell ya what. Buy a 30" cam for my XT unless you want to shoot my 29" with a longer loop, and then after I kill my 3 deer I'll ship you my bow you can switch out cams and your good to go.:peace:

20. thehairlessone!

thehairlessone! Senior Member

Dredly,
    I dont think you are being fair. First of all you said the bow was used. How do you know how the original owner cared for the bow? He could have contributed or caused the limb to fail by using too light of an arrow or any number of things.

Secondly, all bow companies have limb problems at times. Everyone knows that.

Third, why should bowtech eat the cost of the limbs when you arent covered under the warranty? You arent the original owner. That isnt their fault.

Dont think that I am sticking up for them because I shoot a bowtech either. I would say the same thing no matter what brand it was.

RIck