Stabilizer questions

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by bagel77, Jan 31, 2008.

1. bagel77

bagel77 New Member

OKay I am getting back into archery after a long lay off. And thanks to a loving wife I have a New Black ice to help me get back into shooting. Now I ave to bow pretty much set up the way I want BUT I have some questions about stabilizers. I have been looking around and I realize that I will be using it mostly for huntingso I am looking a stabilizer 12" and under...thinking closer to 8-10" with adjustable weights and some type noise surpresser. Now I understand the basics of the stabilizer but I don't understand the point of or advantage of a 10 degree or 2.5 degree angled stabilizer. So I would love some input on stabilizers. thank you in advanced

2. bagel77

bagel77 New Member

come on some one help me out here

3. TOOL

TOOL Junior Member

A 10 degree down feature is to lower to point of mass in relation to the pivot point. Hold a broom stick from the end straight out pointing away from your body. now rotate it like a spinning axle, shaft, however you want to imagine it. It rotates quite easily. Now do the same, but point it slightly down. It will much more difficult (requires more energy to begin movement).

4. yetibowtech

yetibowtech Staff Shooter Uncle Bob's

Balance

I use the "Wild Thing" from Bowtech, it is off set and and you can turn it to balance your bow I like it because i kicked it out to the left to balance out the weight of my quiver.

5. rodney482

rodney482 I love this stuff

Control Freak Stabs ..... they are unreal!!! get ahold of Bernie he canhook you up .... Pm me and I will get you the link

6. Timmer

Timmer Member

I wouldn't get to carried away with an angled stabilzer unless you're getting into target or maybe 3D. I like my Simms S-coil for hunting. Also shoot for 3D. I used to have a Trophy Ridge X-changer. It was a telescoping style so you could play with the length and balance point. They can be had fairly cheap on Ebay. Not sure if it's even made anymore.

7. cowboy50

cowboy50 New Member

i have a limesaver s-coil and it is about 4-6 inches long My shot has improved since i put it on my bow and now I have a wrist sling and it helps me too

8. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Angling a stabilizer downward helps lower the center of gravity. I don't think you'll gain anything with a down angle for a 12" or shorter stab. I mostly put down angle on short back bars to get them out of the way...

9. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Check out the Posten Stabs. They are fantastic and Jim is a GREAT guy to deal with. He can set you up with what you need. www.jimposten.com Or give him a call at (517) 403-9936

10. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

my vote :peace: :peace: