Stainless Steel Limb Bolts?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Dooby, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Dooby

Dooby Scooby Dooby Doo!

Does any bow manufacturer or after market company make stainless steel limb bolts for bows? Every single bow I've seen around here, new and used, has had rusty limb bolts. I hate the thought of pretty a pretty new bow with rusty old limb bolts. Powder coated maybe? :)

2. TEN RING

TEN RING ONE SHOT ONE KILL

I looked in graingers they don't have any in 5/16 nf try a local fastener shop :noidea:

3. Dooby

Dooby Scooby Dooby Doo!

So am I the odd one to notice the rust, does everyone just accept it as "character building" or does everyone else just not have to deal with rust?

I'd just use a bit of gun oil...if it wasn't rusty when it was new. Need some "rust away".

I'm sure I'd have to import anything out of the norm. $0.85 for the fasteners....$29.95 for shipping.:frusty:

4. watt spurlock

watt spurlock New Member

If you really need them

If you can provide a detailed print/spec sheet, I could probably come up with these. You will need to verify if these are a special interference fit, or if they are standard 5/16-24.

5. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Buy a Hoyt!

I don't have any rust, what do you expect if you leave it in the bed of your truck or in a damp basement?? Mine is in the case at the foot of my bed, no rusty limb bolts for me! If I ever get rained on it gets dried out pretty well before I put it away.