stopping deers

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by Holy Smokes, Nov 18, 2007.

1. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

how many of you use some type of noise ta stop a deer fer a shot and what noise and what is the respose

2. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

I have been using sound to stop deer for years. I just make a sound with my mouth that sounds kinda like meeeaaaappp. I have never spooked a deer with it and usually they stop and come to attention. But if a deer has been spooked and is in a flat out run sometimes I don't think ya could stop em with a hand grenade....My $.02...

3. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

What he said, most of my bow kills are done this way. Stop them when they get in a shooting lane.

4. Holy Smokes

You diffently would'nt make a good pitcher

5. Holy Smokes

do htey look your way and are they spooky

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yes they look but your bow is faster than them at 25 yrds......aim at the heart......you have to be drawn and ready of course......

7. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

I wouldn't say they are spooky but they are definatley alert. One thing I forgot to comment about was make sure your bow is drawn before you make the sound that way if the deer does look at ya it is already to late.......:peace:

8. STRO

Yep, you have to be drawn and be ready to have the pin on and fire. It happens fast for me. You don't want to give them much time to pick you out and figure out what's going on.

9. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

Whistled at a doe yesterday morning on our gun deer opener. Last thing she ever heard.

10. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

I have never tried to stop them I just shoot when I have a good shot. I prefer to shot them when they are still but will take whatever I can get.

I'm usually so happy to see a deer that I can shoot that I forget to try to stop him.:doh:

11. greenhorn100

greenhorn100 Junior Member

I stopped one twice for my son last weekend by going eeeerrrrpp, he was chasing a doe a did it the first time and he stopped looked around my son didnt have the gun ready he started to run, I did t again he stopped again looked around and boooommmm he was down

12. tenzero1

tenzero1 Member

I just use a short murrrrrr and they stop dead

13. STRO

You don't even have to shoot em, they just stop dead:noidea: :noidea: :noidea: :noidea: