striker broadheads

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by bullspotter, Aug 4, 2008.

1. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

I have had my eye on them for a while, and ended up getting 3 for free. After shooting the 2 blade B-52 for the last several years, im having a hard time changing. I put them on some arrows tonight and have to say im impressed, they spin really true after put on, all 3 of them did, no messing around to get them square on the arrow, It also looks like theirs a good part of the front of the blade the snugs up under the body of the head, im thinking this will take a pretty major impact to break the blades out of it. Ill pry shoot them some next weekend and see how they shoot. Man i cant wait for Aug 15th to come!!! Its almost hunting season all!!!!!!!! :D

2. Duck65

Duck65 Hillbilly

The Striker is a sweet shooting broadhead. My father uses them and I've shot them and they fly just like my Slick Tricks.:biggrin1:

3. Rhustek

Rhustek New Member

I use the Strikers and am absolutely content with them. You are correct about the impact protection. The way that the blade slides under the front of the broadhead works numbers for protecting your blades and allows them to do their job, even when you strike bone. I doubt I will ever use a different type of removable blade broadhead. However I have had my eye on the Montecs which are a single piece design. My cousin swears by them but I have been so happy with the Strikers that I have resisted making a switch.

Plus, the Strikers just look so freaking deadly!

4. Slice

Slice The Fobinator

I got some 2 weeks ago to play with and they fly great. They are grouping right with my field points out to 30 yards. I usually use Thunderhead 85's but will be using the Strikers this year.

5. Werd

Werd Senior Member

That's the only thing I am worried about. I have never had luck with fixed blades. They fly like they had 1 too many. I may give these a try tho. The one year I did use fixed blades I shot my first button buck with a bow and I liked how far he went =]. About 45 yards. But then again. I used the sidewinder by trophy ridge and the one last day last year went 25 yards. IDK im in a midst right now of what head to use

6. majorleaguedobberman

majorleaguedobberman New Member

g5 makes great products for sure.. just wish their arrow rest was full contain.. but back to the point the strikers are all i shoot!

7. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot New Member

awsome review

For all of you guys thinking of switching heads, I just saw an awsome review posted on another forum..it's on youtube, so do a search. The guys tests like 10 or so.

8. rodney482

rodney482 I love this stuff

i have been using them for three years and have killed

1 caribou
    2 bucks
    2 does
    1 turkey
    1 coyote

scary sharp
    fly great

what more would you want??:peace:

9. Werd