String Question?????

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Ohioarcher, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Ohioarcher

Ohioarcher VaporTrail Staff Shooter

Getting ready to have new strings put on my PSE Baby G Force Infinity. Since I have never had this done, can anyone give me advice on what stings would be the best.

I would like to have a non-twisting string, money is not a big issue, however; I don't want to break the bank. Would not mind picking up a few more FPS if possible too. Currently shooting around 290-300 FPS.

2. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

The only experience I have is with BCY 8125 and 452x.
    *125 gives you a bit of a speed boost but is has a bit of stretch. 452x basically don't stretch but could be hard on bow limbs.

Now, this is all based on the informal archery BS communication arena...

452x is to me a really stable string/cable material that has worked well for me for about 2 years or so. The BCY 8125 I had for about 6 months or so gave me some headaches with string twist and peep rotation.

I have no clue about brownell. I have heard from a lot of folks that their ultracam is really good.

I don't build strings/cables so the number of strands and serving size is way beyond my current comprehension.

Hope that helped.... But if it did not don't flame me for it... :laugh:

Ron

3. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

If money is really not a concern, get winners choice. Others will say you can get just as good for less money.

4. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

Ranger bow strings. He is going to make my next set of strings. He has an ad here on 3DShoots

5. Ohioarcher

Ohioarcher VaporTrail Staff Shooter

Thanks for the info, I've decided on the winner's chioce strings. The local shop has ordered them and will be here later this week. I'll let u all know how the turn out after I have them on.........:peace: