string silencers

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by southernbowhunter, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Hi everyone this is my first post, awsome site though, so please go easy on me.

I need some help with my bow set up...

I have the limb saver string silencers on an older diamond undertaker, the one on the top seems to keep ripping appart after about 10-15 shots the bottom one is fine. What i have started to realize is that my string after release is going forward so much that the silencer is hitting the cable and starting to fray it a little, after about 10 shots one side is totally gone....

WHAT CAN I DO?

2. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Take em off.....:biggrin1:

And put an STS on instead......:biggrin1:

3. Thats what i was thinking what would one run?

4. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

You can find one in the classifieds here or on AT for around $20 or you can get one of the aftermarket ones made by MeanV on here.

5. then i would not need string leaches anymore? Does it really quiet the bow enough, sorry not really up to date with the new stuff. I say that was is Hoyt that comes already installed with them? Is that the same thing?

6. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Pretty much the same thing as what Hoyt is using now. The suppressor does make a difference. It stops the string from resonating after the shot and eliminates the buzz or twang you usually hear without one.

7. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

I perfere the cat wiskers type.Imo the ones that fit between the strands on stings will turn your your peep if they happen to slide up or down....or if you want to solve the problem all together get a css from meanv.....which thanks to my wife..i'm still waiting for.....she's about to get a spanking..:biggrin1:

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

first off thats a different forum:laugh:

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

STS/meanv suppresser/coolhandluke.........which ever, just get one....they are awsome....

10. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

Sorry,i Ment a paddleing:laugh:

11. poorman

poorman And thats no lie !

I have to agree here. I put on one of meanv's CSS and no longer use string silencers. Dont need them.

12. tresmon

tresmon Member

What about a twin supressor set up? twice as good?

13. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Second that...

Ron

14. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Just put one on my Allegiance and dropped the "hush" kit...
    Awsome...

Ron

15. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

Here's a MeanV string Suppressor in HD Hardwoods:cool:

Dan

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  16. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yeah,
    That's the ticket...

Ron

17. I dont think my bow is tapped on the other side of the grip what about the ones that go in front of the stab. and then go back? Also is the double type twice as good?

Thanks guys/girls you are great...

18. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius