String wax issue??

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Hoyt1986, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Hoyt1986

Hoyt1986 GIT R-DONE!!!!!!

What is the best string wax that you can get at Cabelas???

2. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

I use Seal-Tight on my strings and the Xccelerator wax on my cables. The Xcclerator wax helps with the lubrication of the cables to prevent undo wear caused by the cable slide. The seal-tight (not tex-tight) seems to hold up well on the string. My trykon has probally 1500 shots at least..? And the strings and cables still look new. I know everyone does something different, some don't wax at all! That's what I use and it works great.

3. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I use Seal Tite. But alot of guys swear by Scorpion Venom Lube or something like that, but I'm not sure Cabelas carries it???:noidea:

4. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

I started using the scorpion venom a year ago when I bought my vectrix xl. I use their string cleaner and their wax. I have never been more happy with a wax. I am not the best at waxing my string on a regualar basis and this stuff works. I have had the bow a year now and the factory strings still are not fraying. However, I do not think you can purchase scorpion venom at Cabelas. I bought a new pair of vapour trail strings and cables to put on because I usually have to put new strings and cables on every year. However, the hoyt factory strings are not fraying and my peep hasn't turned once since I left Chris's shop a year ago the day I bought it. I have been very happy with hoyts factory strings and scorpion venom.

5. Arcticcat85

Arcticcat85 New Member

At Cabela's I like the Bohning Xccelerator wax. Its handy, comes in a chapstick type tube and is fairly cheap. I would say that scorpian venom is the best allround.

6. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

this is there web site. it explains what each product does and how to apply. I know PSE is carrying it. Its where I got mine..

www.waxstarinc.com

7. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

Yep, I use the polymeric string fluid. Works great and you don't get any excessive wax build up. Also use the string cleaner. It is amazing how much crud and dirt you get off of your string.