String waxing and New Bow

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by mbaycity, Jan 13, 2008.

1. mbaycity

mbaycity New Member

Hey Guys/Gals How often should I wax my string. The other question I have is I just purchased a new Diamond Marquis, and the string is chewing the **** out of the factory string suppressor. Can I back the supressor off just for target shooting or will it affect the performance of the Bow. Matt

2. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Hey matt, You are going to get a bunch of different answers on this one. I don't wax as often as I should, but I just watch the string, if I see any hairy's, I wax....:D

3. bill10418

bill10418 Why be Normal

When I bought my bow, I talked to quite a few people and they all said to wax your string either before or after you shoot. I wax before.

4. Slice

Slice The Fobinator

I hit it with a little wax after every shooting session. Better to be safe then sorry. :peace:

5. two_shoes

two_shoes YOU! Get in my belly!

I am not even going to say it..... :tape: :tape: :tape:

I check my string and try to keep it waxed about 2-8 times a month... I shoot about 3 times a week.... this is a fairly personal thing so you might see a number of answers....

6. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Sorry, is fuzzy's better? I didn't know what else to call them :noidea:

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

8. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Ditto.....:rockon:

9. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

yep

Wax on,Wax off:laugh:
    Before and after shooting and if its 1 im not shooting, atleast once or twice a month and i pull it back a few times and let it down.
    The supressor,Bunnyman told me a good setting:a credit card width distance away from the string and also to serve this area of the string.:biggrin1:

10. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

get the venom string lube. Its alot better than wax. It soaks in and is easier to apply. and lasts longer. if your string suppressor is an sts stlye. Put some serving on the strings. It will take care of it.

11. mbaycity

mbaycity New Member

The suppresor is shaped like a V, and actually tonight while at the club, the rubber came loose and bounced off my cheek. On both tips of the " v " they curve back in to the center. Wasn't a good night anyway, peep breaks off, rubber flying among many words of frustration. The string does have a serving on it where it contacts the suppressor. Any Ideas..